Android Hardware Emulator?

• Replies:3
William Kane
  • Forum posts: 6

Dec 24, 2019, 2:03:49 PM via Website

I'm not talking about something that emulates an android os or [rom][1], but an emulator that emulates every part of the phone. Is it even possible?

Edit: I did google and it's very hard to find public solution or tool for that. Might be custom machine learning company such as technologyally.com will build for me.

— modified on Apr 25, 2024, 4:52:18 PM

James Watson
  • Forum posts: 1,584

Dec 25, 2019, 2:29:47 AM via Website

Do you mean something such as BlueStacks Android Emulator ? (smug)

Download size < 0.15 MB. But also accurate enough, ad-free & free.
The minimalist app available on Play Store: https://goo.gl/ws42fN
Blog: https://okblackcafe.blogspot.com Your 5-star is appreciated.

Helpful?
Sorin
Verus
  • Forum posts: 63

Dec 25, 2019, 3:16:38 AM via Website

I don't really understand what you mean. So what exactly are you trying to do? If you want to test your app, I think Genymotion will be useful because it is a fast Android emulator coming with pre-configured Android (x86 with OpenGL hardware acceleration) images.

Helpful?
SorinJames Watson
Sorin
  • Forum posts: 104

Dec 25, 2019, 1:47:02 PM via Website

I guess I understand what William wants, practically not an "emulator" but a simulator for each of the components of a phone. So that the various interactions between components can be studied. So a processor simulator, a chipset simulator & motherboard controllers, a memory simulator, and if possible for various sensors. That is, not just an emulator of the entire operating system, but separate software components that can be studied in several simulators.
I have no idea if there are such programs for simulation, I guess every phone manufacturer has this, just that they are used for strictly internal purposes, not being commercial.
It is possible that such simulation software may exist in technical universities, within computer labs or possibly passionate programmers to develop such simulators.
I would say that this field is very small among the passionate, being required high level knowledge, so it is possible and such programs to be difficult to find and even use.
That's my guess about what William wants.

Helpful?
Verus