How to check whether the third-party installation is safe or not?

• Replies:4
katie
  • Forum posts: 7

Dec 23, 2019, 4:24:44 AM via Website

Unlike iOS, Android operating system is an open-source giving users permission to sideload applications from other third-party sites. Of course, majority of Android users tend to directly download apps on default store Google Play due to its prestigious, but for several reasons, people need to sideload apps from outside sources. However, a high level of suspicion towards the safety of third-party installations still remains because once you randomly click to download unknown files, they may pose potential risks to your device. So, here are some tools to help you verify whether the file is harmful or not:
VirusTotal
VirusTotal is an online website used to analyze suspicious files or URLs and detect malware, viruses, worms or other kinds of malicious content. However, a drawback of VirusTotal tool is that it only analyzes the file size under 128MB. To scan a file or URL, you simply need to upload or copy it into dialogue box.
NViso APKScan
Unlike VirusTotal, NViso APKScan has no limitation in the file size, so you can easily drag & drop any APK file package into this site. Plus, you also can get the detailed results in your email once you tick the Email box.
Metadefender
Metadefender is another effective threat detection with multiscanning. With over 30 anti-malware engines, Metadefender provides the highest and earliest detection of both known and unknown threats. Unfortunately, it only allows users to upload the file up to 140MB.
Give me thanks if you find it helpful. ;););)

hodang
  • Forum posts: 11

Dec 25, 2019, 3:41:27 AM via Website

Thanks for useful information! Btw, do you know any tools that can verify the authenticity of an APK file? I'm about to download PuBG mobile APK file on my PC but still wondering whether this file is modified or not?

Helpful?
James Watson
  • Forum posts: 1,584

Dec 25, 2019, 5:13:45 AM via Website

hodang

Thanks for useful information! Btw, do you know any tools that can verify the authenticity of an APK file? I'm about to download PuBG mobile APK file on my PC but still wondering whether this file is modified or not?

If you are going to download the PUBG mobile APK file on your PC, why not to directly visit its official website, pubgmobile.com ? It should be reliable. (smug)

Download size < 0.15 MB. But also accurate enough, ad-free & free.
The minimalist app available on Play Store: https://goo.gl/ws42fN
Blog: https://okblackcafe.blogspot.com Your 5-star is appreciated.

Helpful?
marco sarli
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 1,011

Dec 25, 2019, 11:28:19 AM via Website

Malwarebites will do the trick

Helpful?
hodang
  • Forum posts: 11

Dec 26, 2019, 2:26:50 AM via Website

James Watson

hodang

If you are going to download the PUBG mobile APK file on your PC, why not to directly visit its official website, pubgmobile.com ? It should be reliable. (smug)

I thought it is paid in PC so I'm about to download the APK file and run it on an Android emulator. Is the PUBG mobile free when I play it on my laptop?

Helpful?