Automatically tether on USB connection

• Replies:2
TonnySmith
  • Forum posts: 1

Nov 28, 2019, 10:09:09 AM via Website

I recently replaced my AT&T HTC One m8 after the USB port slowly, but I'm having trouble with the USB settings of the device. I know I used to be able to plug it up and it would automatically USB tether. It does this annoying popup about file transfer every time I plug it in, making it a chore to deal with.

I used to have an AT&T locked device, and this one is unlocked. The OS is a little bit different from what I'm familiar with, and I also don't know that it's fully up to date...

I've tried Googling with little result. Does anyone know how to get the device to default to USB Tethering when it's connected to a PC?

marco sarli
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 1,011

Nov 29, 2019, 2:16:52 AM via Website

I think there is no way to avoid this. There are 3 options usually : charging via usb, data transfer and PTP. The phone wants to know what it has to do when it is connected to a Pc and wants to know it every time. Wi-fi transfer is faster and better in my opinion

Helpful?
Jimmy Wick
  • Forum posts: 24

Jul 19, 2022, 9:39:05 AM via Website

How to Set Up USB Tethering on Windows 10
Connect your mobile device to your laptop via USB cable. ...
Open your phone's settings and go to Network & Internet > Hotspot & tethering (Android) or Cellular > Personal Hotspot (iPhone).
turn on USB tethering (on Android) or Personal Hotspot (on iPhone) to enable it.

Regards,
J Wick

Helpful?