Whats App is acting strange

• Replies:6
RedHeadedStepChild
  • Forum posts: 4

Nov 3, 2019, 2:04:20 AM via Website

Hello, when my boyfriend messages me in WhatsApp all he can ever see is 1 or 2 grey ticks in the message bubble. Never the 2 blue ticks that represent me having read his message. (We live 9 time zones apart and I want him to know when I've read his texts) But, when he sends me a voice message the ticks operate as they normally should (1 when sent, 2 when delivered to my device and then 2 blue ticks once I've read it) Can anybody tell me why this is happening? What I can do to fix this?

James Watson
  • Forum posts: 1,584

Nov 3, 2019, 9:11:41 AM via Website

According to the FAQ about WhatsApp, if you don't see two blue check marks next to your sent message, there could be several reasons:

1. You or your recipient might've disabled read receipts in the privacy settings.
  2. The recipient might've blocked you.
  3. The recipient's phone might be off.
  4. The recipient might not have opened your conversation.
  5. You or the recipient might be experiencing connection issues.

Just FYI.

Download size < 0.15 MB. But also accurate enough, ad-free & free.
The minimalist app available on Play Store: https://goo.gl/ws42fN
Blog: https://okblackcafe.blogspot.com Your 5-star is appreciated.

Helpful?
RedHeadedStepChild

Nov 3, 2019, 6:58:49 PM via Website

Thank you, I should have been more clear. All of those options have been exhausted and are not part of the problem

Helpful?
marco sarli
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 1,011

Nov 4, 2019, 10:48:54 AM via Website

If you reply he will know you have seen the message whatever the cause of the problem is

Helpful?
ApkTrent
  • Forum posts: 10

Nov 7, 2019, 5:45:07 PM via Website

Make sure you have downloaded it from Play store or APP store and not from third party websites.

Helpful?
RedHeadedStepChild

Nov 10, 2019, 11:02:13 PM via Website

We read each others texts in the middle of the night. It sounds corny but it’s sometimes so sweet to wake up, sleepily read his words, then go back to sleep. No response just sweet feelings

Helpful?
RedHeadedStepChild

Nov 10, 2019, 11:13:39 PM via Website

Make sure you have downloaded it from Play store or APP store and not from third party websites.>>

Thank you, but it’s worked correctly for over a year and now it doesnt.

He’s actually concerned someone has used my phone to clone my account onto their phone

Helpful?