HTC One (M8) — Having the phone screen show a Dial Pad after you have rang voicemail for example.

• Replies:8
Heathsideboy
  • Forum posts: 21

Oct 10, 2019, 6:20:52 PM via Website

I have an HTC One M8 Android phone and if I want to enter numbers during a call, for example to top up the phone credit or to access my voice mail, I need a Dial Pad showing. All I have at the moment is normal screen without any Dial Pad or numbers on it. Because of this, as soon as I hit the screen, the phone cuts off.

I used to have a setting where even if I rang a number, the Dial Pad still showed on the phone so
I could use it if need be.

Can anybody tell me how to revert to this setting again please?

Thanks

HB

marco sarli
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 1,011

Oct 11, 2019, 11:54:33 AM via Website

Strange. Did you install a dialer different from the stock one?

Helpful?
Heathsideboy

Oct 11, 2019, 1:45:27 PM via Website

No, I don't think so. I think it's something to do with the phones preferences but there are so many options, I don't want to pick the wrong one. Any help will be appreciated here. Thanks.

HB

Helpful?
marco sarli
  • Admin

Oct 12, 2019, 3:44:14 AM via Website

While in a call press the "keypad" button and your dial pad will show. Otherwise you could install an alternative dialer to get this function . I have used SwipeDialer for years and I am very happy with it

Helpful?
Heathsideboy

Oct 12, 2019, 1:15:25 PM via Website

Hi Marco,

I suppose I really should have pointed out from the outset that I am disabled and that my phone is going through a 'HouseMate' Environmental Control system.

In answer to your question, for example, if I ring the number to bring up my voicemail messages that in effect puts me in a call, there is no "keypad" button that shows anywhere on the screen that I can press. Any other ideas? Thanks.

HB

Helpful?
marco sarli
  • Admin

Oct 12, 2019, 3:40:47 PM via Website

Sorry but I do not have any experience with the system you are using. I suppose your best bet is to contact the people that built or instslled it directly and ask to implement the function if it is not already there but somehow hidden

Helpful?
Heathsideboy

Oct 12, 2019, 3:49:47 PM via Website

I am due to meet them soon. I was just trying to see if I could do it myself with the help of these forums.

I didn't mean to confuse you but just for your information, just because I am using a HouseMate, all the settings on my HTC One M8 android phone are still the same. Therefore, it must be one of the settings in the actual phone itself, perhaps under preferences or somewhere like that in the phone.

HB

Helpful?
marco sarli
  • Admin

Oct 13, 2019, 1:03:24 PM via Website

As much as I know it is always in the dialer and visible once you have dialed a number or are in a conversation.
It is strange that you can not see it

Helpful?
Heathsideboy

Oct 13, 2019, 1:46:11 PM via Website

Is it something such as; that I have to put Google apps into it or something along those lines? Marco, I appreciate you trying to help me and I still want you to but is there anybody else out there that might know what I'm talking about?

Thanks

HB

Helpful?