Apps can longer open downloaded files?

• Replies:4
jmcdunn
  • Forum posts: 1

Sep 5, 2019, 11:37:26 PM via Website

Thank you in advance for the help. I'm having a hard time figuring this out.

My company subscribes to a pretty expensive mobile app that has both Android and iOS versions. They claim that with a recent update to Samsung devices -- they lay the blame entirely on Samsung and say the problem doesn't exist on other brands -- their app can no longer open files it has downloaded into the Samsung device's file system. Instead, it opens up the Samsung My Files app and you have to search for the linked file yourself. I was sent to a Samsung help article entitled, "Where can I find downloaded files on my Samsung Galaxy smartphone?"

This effectively means that inside this app, linked PDFs cannot just be opened and viewed. You click on the link and then you have to go searching for the file in My Files. Any organization of our files within this app become meaningless, as now every user needs to browse their individual Samsung file systems to pull up the associated files. This just seems bonkers to me that Samsung wouldn't let 3rd party app developers the ability to link a file and open it when clicking on it. I think my account rep is lying to me and their developers just are too lazy to update it however is needed.

Can anyone offer any insight?

Thank you!

marco sarli
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 1,011

Sep 23, 2019, 10:47:00 AM via Website

Dropbox and a simple pdf reader ?

Helpful?
James Watson
  • Forum posts: 1,584

Sep 23, 2019, 2:02:53 PM via Website

Can you show us the link to the Samsung help article in order for us to have a check?

Download size < 0.15 MB. But also accurate enough, ad-free & free.
The minimalist app available on Play Store: https://goo.gl/ws42fN
Blog: https://okblackcafe.blogspot.com Your 5-star is appreciated.

Helpful?
Philomela
  • Forum posts: 38

May 17, 2021, 5:38:05 AM via Website

thank you for the article

Helpful?
marian
  • Forum posts: 45

Jan 11, 2022, 9:43:53 AM via Website

Thanks for such an informative article.

Helpful?