Switching Music Tracks with Volume Keys. Which Smartphones have this awesome function?

• Replies:2
  • Answered
Joker Asha
  • Forum posts: 3

Apr 29, 2019, 9:57:05 AM via Website

Hi, i really like the possibilty to skip to next or previous track via my volume keys (long press). I did manage to make this possible by rooting and using xposed (with gravity box & Button Mapper) BUT now my banking apps don't work anymore (because of root or xposed).

I also fear the possible struggle with troubleshooting and stability issues of custom roms.

Which is why i'm wondering: Are there any Smartphone Manufactures that include this awesome function to their smartphones by default (or specific Phones) ?? I really wonder why this option isn't standard yet....

Thanks already :)

— modified on Apr 29, 2019, 9:58:12 AM

Best answer
Elsa Bailey
  • Forum posts: 26

Apr 30, 2019, 10:06:46 AM via Website

I agreed. That function should be included in mobile phones. Anyhow, you don't need to root to use some apps that provide you the ability to do it. Tasker is one of that. But you have to pay for that. If you more into free solution Next track is available in play store.

Helpful?
Joker Asha
  • Forum posts: 3

May 2, 2019, 7:28:36 PM via Website

Ok thanks. Ok, but tasker can't make it on long press only double press and it doesn't seem to work in every app but it's a good hint just in case thanks! Same for Next Track. I did use it for some time but it wasn't reliable and also had problems with volume... i think both don't work when it's full volume or something.

Anyways it seems the only phones that have that are motorolas moto phones. At least since android 9 it seems to be included in the moto actions app. Good to know for the future. For now i'll stay rooted and use a half broken phone for banking then.

There also seems to be an option for Android 9 Phones to do something without root in general. I wanted to give link to it but i'm not allowed. Just search: xda-developers skip-music-tracks-android-volume-keys-no-root

So maybe it'll be all good in the future. Of course there's still a small gamble if this doesn't work but that seems to be all there is if one can't go with root.

Thanks anyways for your answer :)

Helpful?