Phone is connected to wifi but internet not working

• Replies:4
Iósif Azarov
  • Forum posts: 2

Apr 16, 2019, 3:40:27 AM via Website

Hello. Yesterday my mother's phone (a motorola Moto C) received a software update notification. We updated it and it was very light with no major changes (about 51 Mb), and everything is working okay, except for the wifi connection. It connects to the wifi but there's no internet (i tried connecting to 2 different wifi networks and it happens with both of them). This is everything i've tried so far:

• I turned off and on the wifi on the phone (also i put it in plane mode).

• I unpluged the power of the router, then i waited for a while, turned off the phone. Then I turned on the router and the phone.

• I tried changing to IP configuration to static.

• I did a network settings reset.

• I deleted the cache.

• I even did a Factory data reset.

None of these has worked so far. Any ideas to solve this? I'm sure it has nothing to do with hardware, since the only difference between the working and not-working states is the update.

James Watson
  • Forum posts: 1,584

Apr 16, 2019, 9:21:15 AM via Website

Did the phone work well before the system software update? Does the issue result from the system update?

Download size < 0.15 MB. But also accurate enough, ad-free & free.
The minimalist app available on Play Store: https://goo.gl/ws42fN
Blog: https://okblackcafe.blogspot.com Your 5-star is appreciated.

Helpful?
Sorin
martin smith
  • Forum posts: 277

Apr 16, 2019, 10:26:09 AM via Website

Better to format your mobile or this problem may be with the mobile OS update...

Helpful?
Sorin
Iósif Azarov
  • Forum posts: 2

Apr 16, 2019, 1:28:48 PM via Website

The phone worked well. I suppose i has to do with the update but i don't know if it is possible to go back to a previous version.

Helpful?
Sorin
Alisawangly
  • Forum posts: 83

Apr 19, 2019, 4:21:52 AM via Website

Try this way:
Go to Settings>wifi, tap on "i" in the right of connected wifi, then tap on "Forget This Network " from the top. Reback to wifi, select the wifi, and reconnect and enter the password.

Helpful?
Sorin