Stopping previously installed app notifications

• Replies:9
  • Answered
Vijay
  • Forum posts: 16

Mar 5, 2019, 7:01:48 AM via Website

Is there any way to stop previously installed app notifications in Google play store?
In my library tab there are a bunch of apps listed with a install button next to it. There is no option to delete them. Have tried the clear cache & clear data options, logging out & logging in again, uninstall update option. all these options clear the list for a while but it again pops up.
Some of the apps in this list are apps that I used on another phone & some I don't use any more.

Vijay.

Best answer
Vijay

Mar 7, 2019, 8:16:00 AM via Website

1 February security update installed today does the trick.

Helpful?
Bastian Siewers
  • Forum posts: 9,729

Mar 5, 2019, 9:43:19 AM via Website

Hi Vijay,

the library lists all the apps you have installed at some point. You could simply ignore that list but there should also be an option to delete apps from that list. I do have an X right next to all the apps in my Play Store. Did you try long pressing on the app you want to remove from the list? I think I remember that it did work that way at some point, but I'm really not sure.

Helpful?
Vijay

Mar 5, 2019, 10:08:13 AM via Website

Have tried the long press, slide left/right, nothing seems to be working.
On the main page of Play store these apps are shown again. There if I do a long press I get a "Not interested" button & once I click that the app gets greyed out. I restart the play store, all apps are back again.

Helpful?
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 819

Mar 5, 2019, 12:05:03 PM via Website

Vijay
Go into your settings,
Find your list of apps.
Tap the menu.
Tap on all systems apps.
Scroll down to the app you don't want tap on it . Then scroll down untill you see notifications. Turn them off.
Also
There you will find options to uninstall, disable, or force stop, at the top of the page.
Force stop, will only stop the app temporary.
If you disable or uninstall the app you should first turn off the auto update setting in play store uninstall all updates and clear all the data.
If there is no option to uninstall, that could be a bloatware app installed through play store, and you will only be able to disable it, or it could be a Factory installed app.( Same case!) The only way to get rid of these apps is to root your phone.
If it is one of your systems apps you will not be given either of these options. And you shouldn't even try to remove it!
It will be part of your operating system.

— modified on Mar 5, 2019, 12:10:55 PM

Helpful?
Vijay

Mar 5, 2019, 12:47:25 PM via Website

Hi Lindsay,

All the things you mentioned in your post is for apps installed.
The apps I have in the recommended list are not installed on my phone. So there is no option to uninstall or force stop them. Some of the apps I had used when I had a different phone, Some I had used earlier but have no intention of using again. Some apps in the list I never used & some like Vodafone I don't use because I use a different carrier now. Apps like Telegram, I have installed the newer version Telegram X so there is no point in installing both.

— modified on Mar 5, 2019, 12:49:21 PM

Helpful?
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 819

Mar 5, 2019, 1:33:18 PM via Website

It sounds like you transferred your data from your old phone to your new one.
And by doing this you also transfered these apps.
They are not installed on your OS but there still on your hard drive. And your Android phone is seeking out updates for these apps. The notifications are coming through Play Store.
To stop these notifications, I can think of 3 options
1. Do a Factory reset.
2. Disable play store. You can access play store through the internet.
3. Do a root on your phone and erease these apps from your hard drive completely !
Note: if you choose to do the root, make sure you back up all apps In a different computer. Just in case removing them causes problems you can reinstall them.

Helpful?
Vijay

Mar 5, 2019, 1:39:49 PM via Website

I haven't transferred data from my other phone & I was looking to avoid a factory reset. I don't remember getting an option to reformat the drive for Moto G5S. Is there anyway to manually format a drive?
Will give it a shot & see.

Helpful?
James Watson
  • Forum posts: 1,584

Mar 5, 2019, 3:03:24 PM via Website

The list of apps you have used should be saved in some remote Google servers other than the cache or data of your device. And it is relevant to your Google account.

Download size < 0.15 MB. But also accurate enough, ad-free & free.
The minimalist app available on Play Store: https://goo.gl/ws42fN
Blog: https://okblackcafe.blogspot.com Your 5-star is appreciated.

Helpful?
Best answer
Vijay

Mar 7, 2019, 8:16:00 AM via Website

1 February security update installed today does the trick.

Helpful?
maritnlam
  • Forum posts: 4

Mar 10, 2019, 2:20:52 PM via Website

Open your Device and go to Settings
Sound and Notification
App notification > Tap on the app you want to stop getting notifications from
and tap on the toggle for Block.

Let me know if it gets your issue fixed.image

Helpful?