Android recorder cannot record internal sound directly

• Replies:2
Barbara Windsor
  • Forum posts: 68

Dec 27, 2018, 3:26:45 AM via Website

I have installed several android recorders on my phone and only to find out that they cannot record internal sound directly.
Well, now I have realized the reasons and want to share it with you guys.

First, Android system currently doesn't support recording internal sound. Some apps have record audio settings, such as DU recorder, ApowerREC, etc. you can find many such apps on google play store. Anyway, they all have this record audio option. And you have to turn on this option before recording the internal sound, also you need to put the sound on speaker so that it can be included in the recording.

Second, if you come accorss the issue that your own voice cannot be recorded during a video call, or your friends cannot hear you from the other side, well, here's the thing, your voice can only be recorded through microphone, but Android system doesn't allow the microphone to be used at the same time, which is why you cannot be heard or be recorded when the microphone is being occupied with both the recorder and the other app for your video calls.

— modified on Dec 27, 2018, 3:27:10 AM

blackshady
  • Forum posts: 4

Aug 15, 2019, 12:15:20 PM via Website

Thanks for sharing, but you didn't mention how to record internal sound on PC / Mac.
As a complimentary comment, I want to recommend TunesKit Audio Capture for anyone who wants to record internal sound on PC / Mac. It is a streaming audio recorder that can record audios from all the software on your computer. The recording track is of top quality, and can be saved into 6 different formats. Hope this will help.

Helpful?
Chatmoresley
  • Forum posts: 15

Feb 26, 2021, 8:03:42 AM via Website

I once used Apowersoft Android Recorder to record videos. It can record internal sound correctly. Maybe you could give it a shot. But I find using a desktop screen recorder much more convenient. Joyoshare VidiKit helps me a lot. It enables me to record online videos in 1080p with no watermark. It can capture both internal and external sound. I like it.

Helpful?