Which partitions are encrypted by default android disk encryption?

• Replies:2
droiduser
  • Forum posts: 3

Dec 14, 2018, 10:01:23 AM via Website

I have read that not everything is encrypted by default android disk encryption. My question is, is the /system and /data partition encrypted? Also, i have created partition on the sd card which is mounted on /data/sdext2 and is used by Link2SD app. Will that partition by encrypted?

niketathakare
  • Forum posts: 14

Dec 14, 2018, 10:35:14 AM via Website

If the device implementation supports a secure lock screen reporting "true" for KeyguardManager.isDeviceSecure(), and is not a device with restricted memory as reported through the ActivityManager.isLowRamDevice() method, then the device MUST support full-disk encryption of the application private data (/data partition), as well as the application shared storage partition (/sdcard partition) if it is a permanent, non-removable part of the device.

For device implementations supporting full-disk encryption and with Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) crypto performance above 50MiB/sec, the full-disk encryption MUST be enabled by default at the time the user has completed the out-of-box setup experience. If a device implementation is already launched on an earlier Android version with full-disk encryption disabled by default, such a device cannot meet the requirement through a system software update and thus MAY be exempted.

Helpful?
droiduser
  • Forum posts: 3

Dec 14, 2018, 1:15:47 PM via Website

Is there apps that can encrypt these partitions? Something like TrueCrypt for Windows and Linux.

Helpful?