How to Turn On or Turn Off Incognito Mode

• Replies:3
Claire
  • Forum posts: 11

Nov 29, 2018, 8:45:58 AM via Website

“How can I go incognito mode in Google Chrome? I don’t want others to see my browsing history, it’s awkward!”

This is a situation in which private browsing may come to your minds. But in fact, the benefits of incognito mode go far beyond that. Then what are the other advantages? Does it meet your browsing needs? Can it help you to surfing privately and safer? How to use it? Read on to know.

Part I: Why You Need to Use Private Browsing

If you want to browse more privately and safer, go incognito mode is the easiest way. With many privacy Settings, the surfing process will be smoother.

1. Discover More Secrets
    Want to download some private videos but it's blocked? Use private search engine and you can find more unexpected contents in incognito mode.

2. No History Browsing
    In Incognito mode, all browsing history and cookies will not be saved. You don’t have to worry about your little secrets being viewed by others any more.

3. Speak Anonymously
    Want to discuss sensitive topics but fear of being tracked down? Some private browsers offer anonymous support to help you hide your identity information.

4. Tracking Protection
    Sometimes you just want to see hot gossips, but you find that there are a lot of shopping ads appear in your web page. Is there a way to block the annoying tracking? Go incognito mode and turn on “Do Not Track”.

5. High Level Encryption
    How to avoid people checking your bookmarks? Is there a way to exit the browser quickly when someone suddenly approaches? With more privacy features, privacy-focused browsers such as Agile Private Browser can easily help you to higher levels of privacy encryption.

Part II: How to Use Private Browsing on Android

1. Use Private Browsing Mode on Common Android Browser (e.g. Chrome &
    Firefox)

If you just want to use private browsing on occasion, you can easily do so through the most common browsers. Here we take Chrome and Firefox as examples to elaborate how to use it.

• How to Use Incognito Mode on Google Chrome
    1) Turn on incognito mode
    Open Chrome > Tap menu button (three vertical dots) in the top right corner > New incognito tab > done.
    2) Switch between tabs
    Tap square icon in the upper right corner > Slide up and down to select tabs > done.
    3) Turn off incognito mode
    Tap square icon in the upper right corner > Tap the three vertical dots > Close incognito tabs > done.

• How to Use Private Mode on Firefox
    1) Turn on private mode
    Open Firefox > Tap menu button (three vertical dots) in the top right corner > New private tab > done.
    2) Switch between tabs
    Tap square icon in the upper right corner > Slide up and down to select tabs > done.
    3) Turn off private mode
    Tap square icon in the upper right corner > Tap the three vertical dots > Close private tabs > done.

Notice: Bookmarks are not private. As these normal browsers have both private and normal modes, the bookmarks are also sync in both modes and can be viewed by others.

2. Try Privacy-focused Android Browser (e.g. Agile Private Browser &
InBrowser)

As people pay more attention to privacy security protection, there are also a number of browsers focusing on privacy. When you want to explore more secret contents, or encrypt bookmarks, or see if your information is being tracked, you can try a professional private browser. With a lot of privacy protection features, it can provide a more private and secure surfing environment.
As Agile Private Browser and InBrowser are two of the most popular private browsers today, we use them as demonstration for how to make browsing more private and secure.

• How to Use Incognito Mode on Agile Private Browser
    1) Turn on incognito mode
    Open Agile Private Browser > done.
    2) Switch between tabs
    Tap square icon in the upper right corner > swift left or right to select tabs > done.

For higher privacy protection, it also provides:
Bookmark Encryption: Tap menu button (three vertical dots) in the top right corner > Bookmarks > Tap lock button to create a password > Bookmarks encrypted.
Safe Mode: Tap menu button > Turn on safe mode > Sensitive contents have been hidden.
Quickly quit gestures: Tap menu button > Settings > Turn on quickly quit gestures > Double-click to quickly close browser are available.

• How to Use Private Browsing Mode on InBrowser
    1) Turn on private browsing mode
    Open InBrowser > done.
    2) Switch between tabs

For higher privacy protection, it also provides:
Track Protection: Tap three lines at the top left > Settings > Security & Privacy > Do not track.
HTTPS Errors Notification: Tap three lines at the top left > Settings > Security & Privacy > Enable HTTPS errors.

Notice: Permanent private browsing mode. In order to make user's browsing more secret, most private browsers cannot disable incognito mode.

That’s it. You’ve learned why you need private browsing and how to use it on 2 different Android browsers. In my Opinion, the easiest way is to use Agile Private Browser. Once open it, you are in incognito mode and all bookmarks can be encrypted. Have you got your answer? Do you have any other puzzles? Comment it and we will help to solve it.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 819

Nov 29, 2018, 11:46:00 AM via Website

On my galaxy s7 the incognito mode settings is not in the browsers!
When I tap the internet icon it goes to a quick access page. At the bottom of the page is a tool bar. One of the selection is tabs. Tap on that, then it will give me the option for incognito-private mode!

— modified on Nov 29, 2018, 11:46:40 AM

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 819

Nov 29, 2018, 12:00:00 PM via Website

In addition to my last reply.
When you use your incognito mode it blocks your device ID number!
There are some websites that that will not allow you to log into if it cannot read your device ID number!
That what they use to target you for advertising purposes.
And in Google setting there is something called your web activity. You should pause that also.

— modified on Nov 29, 2018, 12:11:59 PM

Claire
  • Forum posts: 11

Dec 2, 2018, 5:43:05 PM via Website

Yes it's true. Thanks for your supplement!