Chrome/YouTube app set as default

• Replies:2
PerterP
  • Forum posts: 1

Nov 9, 2018, 3:44:21 AM via Website

Hi, I'm having issues getting the chrome app to stop opening the YouTube app, when I select a video. It won't give me an option.

Things I've done:

Settings - apps - YouTube - set as default - clear default

Settings - apps - YouTube - set as default - go to supported urls - always ask

YouTube app - force stop - storage - clear cache

YouTube app - force stop - storage - clear data

Chrome app - force stop - storage - clear cache

Chrome app - force stop - storage - clear data

Disable YouTube app, got asked, but soon as re-enable the app opens again.

Restarted phone each time.

I have Galaxy S7. I have directly copied my S6 onto it. The S6 is asking when I select link, the S7 won't... It just opens the app. Its driving me up the wall. I want the mobile version to open, so I can play with the screen locked, etc...

If I put chrome I desktop mode, it then gives me the option, of what to open it with. However, this is impractical when searching, as the writing is too small, and the links are to sensitive, you easily open the wrong one, when just touching the screen to scroll.

I mean this with absolute respect, please don't reply telling me to do, what I've listed already. I appreciate help and advice, but giving me a link to the above steps, is no help at all.

Thanks in advance

— modified on Nov 29, 2018, 5:11:08 AM

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 819

Nov 9, 2018, 12:19:02 PM via Website

After you cleared the data on chrome did you restart your phone? Sometimes that makes a difference.
Personally, I don't use chrome! It is the same thing as the regular Google browser with a a lot of extra features I don't need, and that's why it drains your battery so quickly
Try disabling chrome and use the regular Google, see if that fixes the problem!

Helpful?
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 819

Nov 9, 2018, 12:43:50 PM via Website

I noticed from your post that you didn't clear the defaults on chrome? Maybe you should try that too. Remember to restart your phone after!

Helpful?