Whatsapp Web and Desktop app keeps disconnecting constantly - "Phone not connected"

• Replies:2
Rykehuss
  • Forum posts: 2

Oct 29, 2018, 12:02:30 AM via Website

Desktop app seems to disconnect every 5-8 mins, while the Web version fares slightly better, with disconnects about once in 15-20 mins.

I have disabled battery optimization for Whatsapp on my phone, and I am not running any kind of battery saving app or setting. This issue persists on 4G and Wifi connections, both of which are stable and fast. I have no data caps, and I've enabled Whatsapp to work in background and have enabled limitless data for it.

I also tried to disable battery optimizations for Google, Google Systems, everything OS or kernel related. Didnt help.

I suspect the issue lies somewhere with how (or if) the phone drops connections after some time of not being used. The connection returns after I turn the phone screen back on and open Whatsapp. I dont know how to fix this, how to force the phone to listen all the time. Maybe possible with Tasker or the equivalent app?

• Phone: Nokia 8 Sirocco, running Android 8.1.0 (Oreo), everything updated
  • PC: Windows 10, everything updated. Router: Cis.co EPC3825, 200Mb cable connection

This issue also plagued my last phone, Nexus 5, but it wasnt as bad as it is now.

— modified on Oct 29, 2018, 12:06:55 AM

newbee
  • Forum posts: 1

Dec 24, 2018, 12:27:34 AM via Website

I had the same problem using Franz and it was driving me crazy. I finally found the solution on the Crackberry site. Just disconnect from wifi and use your 3G/4G connection. Works like a charm now.

Helpful?
Rykehuss
  • Forum posts: 2

Dec 24, 2018, 12:30:41 AM via Website

newbee

I had the same problem using Franz and it was driving me crazy. I finally found the solution on the Crackberry site. Just disconnect from wifi and use your 3G/4G connection. Works like a charm now.

Didnt work for me, I tried everything. I just uninstalled Whatsapp Desktop and moved to Telegram Desktop which works like a charm because it doesnt require a phone connection.

Helpful?