Samsung Galaxy S6 — S6- Buttons not working on activation screen

• Replies:2
Mark Frost
  • Forum posts: 1

Oct 15, 2018, 3:11:21 PM via Website

I had a person staying with me for couple weeks. He handed me an S6 and said if I could get it working, I could keep it. I got to the activation screen and had a pop up appear saying to install a Verizon SIM. I don't have verizon. I then read online that I could press emergency and type in some numbers. Tried that and the emergency button is not working. Neither is the back button. I have wiped partition and factory reset from recovery to no avail. Anything I can do to get this working beyond the activation screen?

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 819

Oct 15, 2018, 11:13:32 PM via Website

That's a verzion phone and it can only be activated by verizon!
You see when you go to any carrier to buy a phone they have all ready entered their software in addition to the Android software! In other words that is a LOCKED DEVICE!
You might be able to unlock it. Then take it to a different carrier and have it activated! But you still need that verizon Sims card to do it!
But lately the carriers are getting smarter an programming thier devices so unlocking it is impossible!
On You Tube their are many videos that will walk you through the unlocking process! But again you still need that Sims to do anything with that phone!
In other words if you want to activate and use that phone the easiest and best way is to take it to a verizon store and have them activate it!

Helpful?
Viktor Fallenheart
Viktor Fallenheart
  • Forum posts: 5

Jan 31, 2019, 3:45:06 PM via Website

it's a one of most problems of this phone

Helpful?