music stops

• Replies:9
Zeeshan Nayani
  • Forum posts: 5

Sep 30, 2018, 1:16:48 PM via Website

Hello everyone its my very 1st post over here i hope i am posting it in the right place,
i recently got MOTO-E4 and noticed that whenever i play a songs or any other media type file in it plays fine until i press the power button for the lock screen to appear for changing the song list, this is when it just shuts down the sound of my song until i have to turn the volume up button again..
can you please help me out?

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 819

Sep 30, 2018, 5:49:04 PM via Website

By pressing that power button, aren't you telling your phone that you might want to turn it off?
That might be why your device stops playing music or your files!
And if your listening to music, why would you want to return to your locked screen?
Or do you mean your home screen?
To return to your home screen, just use your home screen icon or button, but that might stop the music also!
It dosen't sound like anything is wrong with your device! It's just obeying your command!

Helpful?
Zeeshan Nayani

Sep 30, 2018, 9:10:06 PM via Website

no no its like when you are listing to music and the phone goes to sleep and screen goes blank then after a while you have to wake it up again with power button, may be iam unable to explain it properly but i made a video regarding what s going with my phone but according to the forum rules i can not post a link here :(

Helpful?
Deactivated Account

Sep 30, 2018, 11:02:19 PM via Website

When your phone goes to sleep your suppose to wake it up with the home key not your power button!
Pressing the power button when the phone is all ready on, is telling it you want to turn it off!
That's why it shut down your music app.

Helpful?
Zeeshan Nayani

Sep 30, 2018, 11:16:16 PM via Website

my phone screen does not appears until i press the power button am i doing something wrong? (thinking)

Helpful?
Deactivated Account

Oct 1, 2018, 11:55:42 AM via Website

For the last time,
When your phone goes to sleep,
Do not use your power button to wake it up! Thats telling your phone you want to turn it off.
Use your home key to wake up the device!

Helpful?
Zeeshan Nayani

Oct 1, 2018, 3:29:41 PM via Website

can you please let me know where is this home key in MOTO E4 so i can access the home button while the phone is on sleep (blank screen)

— modified on Oct 1, 2018, 3:33:35 PM

Helpful?
Deactivated Account

Oct 1, 2018, 11:12:52 PM via Website

Most phones have a black key right below the screen. That is the home key you use to wake up a sleeping phone.
However I understand that the Moto E4 has a fingerprint scanner in the same place! (Just below the screen in the center) that should be where you press to wake up your device!
If that dosen't work call Motorola's customer service and ask them how to wake up your phone.
Note; I found out about the fingerprint scanner on the internet. You could have done this yourself!

Helpful?
Zeeshan Nayani

Oct 1, 2018, 11:33:25 PM via Website

I think MotoE4-plus has the scanner and not the one that I have because it has no scanner feature in it.. I did googled several times but never get the desired answer this is why I came here..
well Thanks anyways.

Helpful?
Deactivated Account

Oct 1, 2018, 11:37:50 PM via Website

Do this; go onto You Tube
Punch in search; how do I wake up a sleeping Motorola E4.
There is a video that will explain how to go into settings and program your device to wake it up with the double tap method.
Again if that dosen't work call Motorola's customer service that's what they are there for!

Helpful?