Is there an Android app which plays FLAC from mini-sd ?

• Replies:3
Hanzo7
  • Forum posts: 2

Sep 5, 2018, 1:24:50 PM via Website

Hello dear friends,

Being a music fanatic and the exquisite sound quality is what pumps my heartbeat, I have filled up my 64GB mini sd with marvelous classicals under the FLAC audio coding format giving it more dept once blasting it through the earphones.

The 64GB mini SD is inserted in my Android phone, I've downloaded numerous apk/apps, some were free, others weren't; but I couldn't find one app which was capable of going through the Mini SD and playing the FLAC music.

Once the files were put internally on the phone storage, it works fine; but I am looking to play from the massive mini sd storage.

Any suggestions on which app could work?

Thank you for your time
- Hanzo

Progesterony
  • Forum posts: 27

Sep 5, 2018, 3:18:24 PM via Website

Not sure that I got u but PowerAmp and VLC player both read FLAC files and if you need to edit FLAC files you can use Wondershare Filmora

Helpful?
Elfyn
Hanzo7
  • Forum posts: 2

Sep 5, 2018, 6:25:10 PM via Website

Thank you for your reply Progesterony.

I used PowerAmp before, but somehow it was unable to read the data from the Mini SD. I was told that I should give it "PERMISSION". I'm gonna try this out.
Thank you for your help

Helpful?
Elfyn
  • Forum posts: 15

Sep 6, 2018, 3:50:40 PM via Website

I second the recommendation for Power Amp. It's the best! I use it to play from my SD card every day. You DO have to give it PERMISSION to access the SD card. Go to settings and tell it what folders your music is on. When you try to play a file from the SD card for the first time it should ask you for permission.

Helpful?