Whatsapp Backup

• Replies:6
blue
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 30, 2018, 12:50:50 AM via Website

So I got a new phone a year ago and had a new whatsapp account and had to add contacts again and new conversations.

Today I found the backup for my whatsapp account on my old phone from July 2016 and I wondered whether I'd be able to retrieve my old conversations but also keep my new ones from the past year? Like merge them together? Or if that's not possible if I could still see the old conversations in some other way?

My old phone doesn't work, I think something was wrong with its battery. It comes on for like a few seconds and then dies again.

Thanks in advance

Alex Guan
  • Forum posts: 16

Sep 12, 2018, 8:23:56 AM via Website

What's model of you old phone?If it's samsung.Maybe below could help you.

The Samsung WhatsApp Data Recovery is a professional recovery tool to recover lost or deleted WhatsApp data from Samsung phone. It supports to restore WhatsApp data like WhatsApp chat history, WhatsApp images, WhatsApp videos, WhatsApp attachments and other Samsung data from Samsung Phone.

Helpful?
Sorin
unusual hacker
  • Forum posts: 2

Sep 13, 2018, 9:28:15 AM via Website

Don't worry if you have your old phone number then you can easily get that backup.
just follow down these simple steps.
1) sign in to whatsapp with your old number
2) phone will tell you to restore your old backup (from 2016 or whatever backup you're talking about)
3) once signed in then go to the whatsapp settings->Account->Change Number
4) Change your new(Existing) number and there you go.
Tell me if it worked.

Helpful?
Bastian Siewers
  • Forum posts: 9,729

Sep 13, 2018, 9:58:30 AM via Website

But in that case all the new messages from the last year are gone ;)

Sadly I haven't heard of any way to make that happen :(

Helpful?
Sorin
Cora
  • Forum posts: 46

Oct 18, 2019, 12:31:27 PM via Website

WhatsApp Data Transfer is a professional software to transfer WhatsApp data from Android to a computer. With it, you can backup and restore your WhatsApp data. What's more, it allows you to manage popular social apps data on a computer.

Helpful?
Steven
  • Forum posts: 118

Oct 29, 2019, 3:05:12 AM via Website

You could backup WhatsApp via Google Drive,

Step 1. Start the WhatsApp on your device.

Step 2. Head to the Menu button and then clicking on the Setting > Chats and calls > Chat backup button in turns.

Step 3. Click on the option - Back up to Google Drive and then select the backup frequency as you like.

Step 4. Finally, just hit the BACK UP button and then wait for a while, your messages will be transferred to Google Drive soon.

Helpful?
Abbas Shakhi
  • Forum posts: 47

Feb 15, 2020, 8:12:16 AM via Website

For such kind of purpose, you may try TM WhatsApp.

Helpful?