Samsung Galaxy S4 Active — OS reinatall

• Replies:3
Robert Franz
  • Forum posts: 2

Aug 18, 2018, 12:29:50 AM via Website

I don't know if this is in the right place? I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 that started acting up, so I am looking for instructions on how to re install the OS as the phone came from the factory! I have done this before with a previous phone and my tablet, but cannot find any directions to do it with this phone! I believe that this phone won't be any different than my tablet, with a copy of the OS stored in the Rom for "a reinstall"! Currently all the phone does, is boot to the Samsung Galaxy S4 screen, and that is were it stops, no swirling Samsung!

tony williams
  • Forum posts: 47

Aug 19, 2018, 12:48:55 PM via Website

Hi do it through factory reset in settings

Helpful?
Robert Franz
  • Forum posts: 2

Aug 19, 2018, 5:15:47 PM via Website

Cannot get there, when I press the power button all that happens is the phone buzzes as normal and it goes directly to the Samsung Galaxy S4 screen and stops there, don't know what happened to it, first I thought the battery was acting up, so I replaced that, and before when I had it charging, and pressed the home button, the battery would show with the charge level in color, now all it shows is the battery with no level in black or gray. Think I broke it good

— modified on Aug 19, 2018, 5:16:39 PM

Helpful?
tony williams
  • Forum posts: 47

Aug 21, 2018, 3:36:22 PM via Website

Yeah I'd say its knackered

Helpful?