Problems trying to root my phone

• Replies:3
  • Answered
O Johnson
  • Forum posts: 2

Aug 12, 2018, 10:08:57 PM via Website

Hello,
Yesterday I deleted some photos on my phone by accident. I am trying to root my phone (android 5.1.1) to recover the photos, but I am having problems with the computer (windows 10) recognising my phone when I connect it with a USB cable. The problem is that when I enable USB debugging, the computer disconnects my phone. When I have USB debugging disabled the computer recognises my phone without any problems. Do you think I need to try another USB cable?

Best answer
Alex Guan
  • Forum posts: 16

Aug 15, 2018, 7:59:06 AM via Website

Reasons & Solution why your Android device Failed to connected to a PC:

Question 1. The USB cable you used doesn't work.
Change to another workable USB cable.
Question 2. You haven't installed correct driver for the device on the PC.
Generally, the USB driver can be installed automatically after your connected your Android device to the PC. But if you find the USB driver doesn't install, you should install the proper OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) USB driver manually according to the brand of your phone.
Question 3. You haven't selected MTP mode.
Connect your Android phone to PC via USB cable, turn to the home screen of your device, drag down the list until you see the "MTP mode". Just select it!
Question 4. You haven't installed Anti-virus software on the PC.
If you have any anti-virus software installed in your PC, you will be popped up with a note where you should click "Allow" to get the USB driver downloaded and installed.
Question 5. The ports in your PC don't work.
Change to another workable port on your PC.

Helpful?
SorinO Johnson
O Johnson
  • Forum posts: 2

Aug 15, 2018, 9:58:29 PM via Website

Thanks for the reply Alex, much appreciated. My Android device is connecting to my PC, when USB debugging is disabled, it is just when I enable USB debugging that it disconnects. I have tried selecting MTP mode, but that does not seem to work. I have anti-virus software installed on my PC (although it is a bit out of date). I don't think the problem is with the port in my PC, as my phone would not connect at all. I think it must be either one of the first two reasons.

Which of the two do you think is most likely? I am not sure I want to spend money on another USB cable, only to find my phone still does not connect.

Helpful?
Billy Beckham
  • Forum posts: 17

Sep 4, 2018, 4:06:29 AM via Website

Solution 1. Check and Update Your Computer
Just enter Start < right-click Computer < Properties on your computer. Second, click Device Manager and then click your computer name at the top of the window. Third, click Scan for hardware changes on the Action menu. Then your Phone should be listed under "Portable Devices" and you can double click the device and view the General tab. Finally, check the device status to confirm whether the device is working correctly or not.
Outdated computer system may not be able to recognize any connected USB device. So, it is a good idea to check and update your system. If your computer system is too old, you can update it.

Solution 2. Enable USB Debugging
It is another way to make your Android phone be recognized by the computer. First, you need to download the MobiKin Android Assistant Then launch the program to enable the USB debugging. Follow the steps below:
- For Android 2.3 or earlier: Enter "Settings" < Click "Applications" < Click "Development" < Check "USB debugging".
- For Android 3.0 to 4.1: Enter "Settings" < Click "Developer options" < Check "USB debugging".
- For Android 4.2 or newer: Enter "Settings" < Click "About Phone" < Tap "Build number" for several times until getting a note "You are under developer mode" < Back to "Settings" < Click "Developer options" < Check "USB debugging".
After that, your computer will recognize your Android phone smoothly.

Helpful?