Backup recovered by Whatsapp is not correct; did I lose my chats?

• Replies:2
YannickJoshua
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 9, 2018, 2:09:34 AM via Website

Hi! Unfortunately I dropped my Nexus 6P and the screen stopped working, so I had to switch back to my Nexus 5. I put the SIM card in my N5 and got Whatsapp working. I marked the backup option as ‘never’, because I didn’t want the old chats on my N5 to overwrite the backup of my N6P. I thought I prevented this, but I just deleted and reinstalled Whatsapp on my N5, loaded the most recent backup file - which said it was created yesterday night at 02:00, which is impossible because my N6P couldn’t back up anything, since I had already logged into my Whatsapp account on my N5, which had the backup option disabled - and then it showed me all the old chats of my N5.

I think I just had a migraine attack because this pisses me off. I disabled the backup function on my N5 to prevent it from overwriting the backup file from my N6P, but it somehow still overwrote it? How?!

Is it possible to get a less recent/previous backup file from Whatsapp, so that I can restore the chats from my N6P? Or is there any other way to restore the backup file from my N6P without having to access the phone itself?

— modified on Aug 9, 2018, 2:24:31 AM

Billy Beckham
  • Forum posts: 17

Oct 12, 2018, 5:18:37 AM via Website

It is no doubt that WhatsApp message losing will cause some troubles, especially when the messages are crucial for you. Thus, Android users are looking for the way to restore deleted, lost WhatsApp messages on their Android devices, but obviously, not all of them can find the ideal solution at once. And sometimes you may spend lots of time to find a solution, and finally find it is useless here. Therefore, in order to save your time and help you solve the trouble, WhatsApp Message Recovery could reocver deleted, lost or formatted WhatsApp messages on all kinds of Android devices easily.

— modified on Oct 15, 2018, 11:26:24 AM

Helpful?
Alex Guan
  • Forum posts: 16

Oct 15, 2018, 7:56:48 AM via Website

The Android WhatsApp Data Recovery is a professional recovery tool to recover lost or deleted WhatsApp data from Nexus 6P. It supports to restore WhatsApp data like WhatsApp chat history, WhatsApp images, WhatsApp videos, WhatsApp attachments.

— modified on Oct 16, 2018, 11:26:16 AM

Helpful?