Lost contacts in google account

• Replies:3
Martin Antonov
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 6, 2018, 7:57:56 PM via Website

Hello! After i changed my phone and entered my account i dont have a sigle contact. All my contacts have been saved there. I changed my phone many times and there was no problem until now. I tried another phone - the same. Is there a way to get back my contacts?

Mark Gonzales
  • Forum posts: 22

Aug 13, 2018, 11:00:28 AM via Website

Did you check whether the contacts were synced with google contacts, in case they were then please remove your google account and log back in.

Helpful?
Billy Beckham
  • Forum posts: 17

Aug 13, 2018, 11:36:38 AM via Website

When a file in Google Drive is disappeared, it might be hidden rather than deleted. Hence, if you meet such a situation, the first thing you should do is to find the missing file at first instead of restoring it immediately. Then how to find out the missing files in Google Drive? Here are three tips for your reference. Just try them first:

1. Find the files in website. Just go to drive.google.com and select My Drive. Then click on Info at the top right corner to get more information. After that, you need to go to Activity and search the information of the missing file in it.

2. The file is deleted by its owner. If the file that you want to find is created by someone else and is deleted or renamed by its owner, you will be unable to find the files. In this case, what you can do is only to look for a new source on internet and re-download it.

3. Use advanced search. Another situation is that you are the owner but the file is in a folder created by others who have deleted the folder.

Helpful?
Alex Guan
  • Forum posts: 16

Aug 14, 2018, 5:24:35 AM via Website

Then, what if you have cleared the Trash and permanently remove the files from Google Drive? In this case, if your Google account is associated with a company, school or group, you still are able to get them back- ask an administrator to recover the deleted Google Drive data. But you should know that the administrator can retrieve files that are deleted within 25 days only.

Here is how the administrator does:

Step 1. Login to Gmail and then enter the Management Settings.
Step 2. Choose the user and double-click to open his/her profile.
Step 3. Open the Menu by clicking on its icon at the top right corner.
Step 4. Finally, elect Restore Data and select the files to recover.

Helpful?
ani100