Enabling Wifi from Code in an Android App

• Replies:0
saransh varshneya
  • Forum posts: 2

Jul 7, 2018, 4:12:18 PM via Website

Hi All,

I want to develop a app which should ask user for enabling their wifi and once the wifi is enabled after that for some fixed amount of time say next half an hour the app should ensure the wifi is enabled even if the user intentionally disables it.(Basically the app will check the status of the wifi every 1 minute and enable it if its disabled or else will leave it enabled) , and post half an hour of permission granted the app will not keep the wifi enabled since the strict requirement of keeping the wifi enabled is needed for some time only.

My question was that , according to the android developer API, bluetooth cannot be enabled and disabled automatically by the app without user permission and its even mentioned on the API page of BluetoothAdapter class.
But on the Wifi Manager class API page no such restriction is mentioned so I can assume i can build an app with the above requirements without causing any conflicts with any google android guidelines and subsequently no issue may be reported by any compliance team against my app. Wanted to know if my assumption is correct

Be the first to answer