I'm new and I could use some help

• Replies:0
Steven Meyers
  • Forum posts: 7

Jun 5, 2018, 4:18:07 AM via Website

Hello all,

This is my first post on AndroidPIT. I've joined because I'm struggling with the Android app for my puzzle game BoxOff. It was released in October 2016 and it has only been downloaded a total of 175 times. There are 12 very positive reviews of the app, however most of them were written by my friends and so it's difficult to know if their enthusiasm is sincere or just manifesting out of kindness.

The app was originally monetized in the following way: the app was free to download (with no ads), but four of the six graphical themes required an in-app purchase. However a few months ago I decided to make all the themes free, and there are still no ads. I was hoping that if the app were completely de-monetized, that would encourage more people to download it. However this has proven not to be the case.

BoxOff was never really about the money anyway. I just wanted people to play and enjoy it. Furthermore, a number of people had a hand in the app and that was their wish as well. It seems quite a waste for all this effort to have resulted in so few people playing the game.

Of the 175 people who have downloaded the app, a discouraging 116 of them have uninstalled it. Clearly there is much lacking in the app. If anyone is willing to give me honest feedback on the app and advice on how to improve it, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Steven Meyers

Be the first to answer