Sony Xperia Z3 Compact — Screen not working

• Replies:4
  • Answered
Kevin Connell
  • Forum posts: 1

May 2, 2018, 5:25:38 PM via Website

Hi, my z3 compact is on 4.4.4 KitKat and say updated to latest firmware, which 4.4.4 isn't the latest firmware, but if I flash it to 6.0.1 firmware the screen stops working, anyone any ideas ,thanks

Best answer
Ceciclia Garcia
  • Forum posts: 44

May 16, 2018, 8:29:36 AM via Website

You can check whether the phone screen is available via a diagnostics test at first. To inspect that, you need to:

1. Test the phone screen

Open the phone dial and then enter the specific code to bring the diagnostics tool menu.
Notice: Different Android models have different codes. For example, the code "*#7353#" can be used in most Android smartphones
- Next, select TSP Dot Mode or TSP Grid Mode to test the touch screen. If you choose TSP Dot Mode here, there will be small dots on the screen when you tap on it. But if you elect TSP Grid Mode, you can test every spot of the screen in grid overlay.

1. Knock the touch screen

Another useful tip to fix the issue is to knock the touch screen. It sounds like a child's play but this means is tested by many users already. So you can try to knock on every corner of the touch screen gently for a few times. This would help to connect the digitizer cable to the device tightly.

Helpful?
Kevin Connell
Emily Baker
  • Forum posts: 37

May 3, 2018, 5:27:42 AM via Website

It is probably caused by software issues.In this case, there are several means you can try to fix the issue.

1. Restart the device

When an error occurs on your phone, the most direct but simplest way to settle the problem is restarting the device. That's because this means can stop all the running applications on your phone which can release the device from heavy load. And the operation is very easy- press down the Power button until the screen gets dark. Then wait a minute and hold down the Power button once again to start the phone.

This way can turn your phone back to normal status at most time.

1. Take out SD card & SIM card
    Sometimes the SD card or SIM card on your phone would cause some issues as well. Thus, you can try to:

• Turn off the mobile phone and then remove the back cover of the device to take out the memory and SIM card.
    • After that, you can reboot the device and check if the screen is responsive now.
  2. Factory reset Android phone

No matter what kind of Android problems you meet, the most mighty and effective way to settle the issue is to factory reset the device. But meanwhile, it is also your last option since it would erase all the settings and data on your phone. Thus, before performing the resetting process, you'd better backup the wanted files on your Android phone in advance. Then you can:
- Use Volume buttons to select wipe data/factory reset option from the list and press Power key to confirm that.

— modified on Jul 4, 2018, 11:49:54 AM

Helpful?
Kevin Connell
Best answer
Ceciclia Garcia
  • Forum posts: 44

May 16, 2018, 8:29:36 AM via Website

You can check whether the phone screen is available via a diagnostics test at first. To inspect that, you need to:

1. Test the phone screen

Open the phone dial and then enter the specific code to bring the diagnostics tool menu.
Notice: Different Android models have different codes. For example, the code "*#7353#" can be used in most Android smartphones
- Next, select TSP Dot Mode or TSP Grid Mode to test the touch screen. If you choose TSP Dot Mode here, there will be small dots on the screen when you tap on it. But if you elect TSP Grid Mode, you can test every spot of the screen in grid overlay.

1. Knock the touch screen

Another useful tip to fix the issue is to knock the touch screen. It sounds like a child's play but this means is tested by many users already. So you can try to knock on every corner of the touch screen gently for a few times. This would help to connect the digitizer cable to the device tightly.

Helpful?
Kevin Connell
KaraPelosi

Jan 27, 2021, 4:46:17 PM via Website

Hi... I cant help you with your problem except that I've decided to buy a new phone as said Z3 is now worth only a few quid 2nd hand & Sony stopped support for this phone over 18 months ago.

Helpful?
mrcocoman

Jul 20, 2022, 1:14:10 PM via Website

PLS someone help i have my sony xperia z3 compact every thing work but the touch screen
i tried to put it in recovery mode but it doesnt so please help

Helpful?