Message Notifications gone

• Replies:8
cathy thomas
  • Forum posts: 3

Mar 23, 2018, 3:41:12 AM via Website

My Samsung Galaxy 8S+ updated this morning. I noticed during the day that when I would get a text message it would just be my default notification. I had different message notifications for a lot of my family and close friends so I would know who was messaging me just by the message notification. That way if it was my husband or one of my sons I knew to check it as soon as I could. Anyway, Through out the day I noticed it was the same notification sound each time no matter who it was. (Then I also noticed that it changed my picture in my profile to some random picture that I would not have chosen.) Anyway I don't even have the option to add the message notification to my contacts anymore. Has anyone else had any problems with that since their phone updated?

James Watson
  • Forum posts: 1,584

Mar 23, 2018, 4:39:12 AM via Website

Go to Contacts, select someone of your family or close friends, check the special setting about ringtone.

For my mobile phone, for someone in Contacts, there is only setting option for phone ringtone, not option for message ringtone.

Download size < 0.15 MB. But also accurate enough, ad-free & free.
The minimalist app available on Play Store: https://goo.gl/ws42fN
Blog: https://okblackcafe.blogspot.com Your 5-star is appreciated.

Helpful?
Ron Stahl
cathy thomas

Mar 23, 2018, 9:37:11 PM via Website

James_Watson, I don't have a special setting to check. A lot of things have changed since it updated . I used to also have a clock on my phone when it wasn't being used and now that is gone also. I had an option to change my contacts message tone but since the update it is gone.... ??? It changed a lot of things or took away other things. I don't like that .

— modified on Mar 23, 2018, 9:40:57 PM

Helpful?
Ron Stahl
cathy thomas

Mar 23, 2018, 9:39:21 PM via Website

Rachel Alice, I hope maybe the next time it updates it will come back. I don't like this. I almost wish it didn't update. And I also haven't heard anyone else say anything about it.

— modified on Mar 23, 2018, 9:40:25 PM

Helpful?
Ron Stahl
Pam Nichols
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 24, 2018, 4:09:53 PM via Website

I have the same problem. No notification sounds for contacts. Disappeared after update yesterday.

Helpful?
Ron Stahlchhavi jain
Ron Stahl
  • Forum posts: 4

Mar 28, 2018, 2:38:08 PM via Website

Yes, I've had the same issue. In fact I just made a post about it. With mine, until I standardized all my notifications, no sound played at all which caused me to miss many texts until I finally looked down at my phone and said WTF!

I'm waiting for someone to answer me telling me if this is just the new way of the world or if something can be done to rectify this issue now, or hopefully with the next update that snails at me like this one.

— modified on Mar 28, 2018, 2:39:44 PM

Helpful?
Ron Stahl
  • Forum posts: 4

Mar 29, 2018, 4:30:07 PM via Website

Continuing Saga. After doing everything I could, notification sounds that come resident in my important software will not play the notification sounds from it.

For instance, I have Vivint Smart Home. Before, when someone rand my doorbell I actually heard the same doorbell sound from my phone as I did inside the house.

Now, even though I set it to do the same thing, it will only play the default notification sound, same as my texts when someone rings my doorbell. NO GOOD FOR ME!

Helpful?
Shawn Rodgers
  • Forum posts: 1

May 31, 2018, 5:31:30 PM via Website

Post deleted at the request of Samsung Mobile.

— modified on May 31, 2018, 6:36:53 PM

Helpful?