Suddenly all my contact list on whatsapp has been deleted

• Replies:6
Shanti Music
  • Forum posts: 2

Feb 15, 2018, 11:00:59 AM via Website

Hi, Don't know what happened. Overnight I woke up and all my whatsapp contacts disappeared. Meaning, I get all the previous chats with the bare phone number without the name of the person, and in my address book I get only the phone number without the whatsapp icon. What happened? What can I do to fix the problem? Thank you

Shukrant Tanwar
  • Forum posts: 12

Feb 15, 2018, 6:56:42 PM via Website

Reinstall your whatsapp or update it

Helpful?
Shanti Music
Shanti Music
  • Forum posts: 2

Feb 16, 2018, 2:28:09 PM via Website

thank you, it has "magically" been solved by itself by just adding again one of the contacts to the whatsapp contact list. And immediately it updated all the others. Wondered what happened though, however thx

Helpful?
Tarun Raj
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 13, 2018, 7:07:46 AM via Website

Hi, same problem with me. Updating and re-installing is not helping. Even If I add a whatsapp contact it will not show or get deleted in some minutes from the whats app contact list.

Helpful?
Pulakpaul Paul
Billy Beckham
  • Forum posts: 17

Aug 21, 2018, 12:00:10 PM via Website

WhatsApp contacts are exactly the same with your phone contacts, since WhatsApp syncs all your phone contacts to its contact list and these contacts are saved as your “WhatsApp contacts” in WhatsApp Messenger.

If your WhatsApp contacts are deleted only from WhatsApp contact list, you can sync your phone contacts to WhatsApp again.But if your contacts are directly deleted from your phone contact list, you might have to recover it from backup if you have, such as restoring from Google contact backup or local backup file.
Try to recover contacts from Android without backup by using MobiKin Doctor for Android.

Helpful?
James Watson
  • Forum posts: 1,584

Aug 21, 2018, 1:52:00 PM via Website

Maybe your Whatsapp occasionally lost the Permission for Contacts for some reason.

Download size < 0.15 MB. But also accurate enough, ad-free & free.
The minimalist app available on Play Store: https://goo.gl/ws42fN
Blog: https://okblackcafe.blogspot.com Your 5-star is appreciated.

Helpful?
Pulakpaul Paul
Lawrence
  • Forum posts: 7

Sep 25, 2020, 4:44:52 AM via Website

All your contact lists on the Whatsapp have been deleted? If you use the iPhone, You can recover them from iTunes or iCloud backup if you have backed up the contacts before. While if you don't have backup and you really want to get them back, then you are suggested to use professional iOS system recovery tools, for example, TunesKit iPhone Data Recovery and other similar applications. Or you can directly go to the Apple store for help.

Helpful?
Pulakpaul Paul