Whatsapp popup notifications reset

• Replies:5
Deena Rubin
  • Forum posts: 3

Feb 15, 2018, 5:28:51 AM via Website

I want to receive Whatsapp notifications but I do not want a popup notification banner.

I have indicated these settings in two places. In that Whatsapp settings, I set the popup notifications for both group and messages to "no popup"

In the Android settings app, I set both group and messages to the lowest priority of "no sound or visual interruption"

I checked these settings multiple times. However, every time I get a notification it comes in a popup banner. When this happens, I go back to the Android settings app and see that the notifications priority has been reset to the urgent priority "make sound and popup on screen"

This has happened many times. I set the the notification priority to low, and then when I get a notification, it resets to high

Is there anyway I can permanently block the sound and popup?

Shukrant Tanwar
  • Forum posts: 12

Feb 15, 2018, 6:57:16 PM via Website

Reinstall your whatsapp or update it

Helpful?
Deena Rubin
  • Forum posts: 3

Feb 15, 2018, 7:02:36 PM via Website

I have reinstalled the app and restarted my phone. I have experienced this problem since then

Helpful?
Simran Singh
  • Forum posts: 2

Apr 30, 2018, 1:16:47 PM via Website

Exactly same issue with my WhatsApp. It keep showing popul even after disabling everywhere. :(

Helpful?
Simran Singh
  • Forum posts: 2

Apr 30, 2018, 1:26:04 PM via Website

SOLVED
I just found solution for it. If you try to notice, you are getting pop-ups from some specific contacts, not all contacts. So when you find out the contact from which you are getting pop-up.
Open chat > Click 3 dots menu > View Contact > Custom notification > Uncheck Use Custom Notification.
Now this contact will follow default settings for notification. No Pop-up :D

Helpful?
VinitAnneW
Vinit
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 21, 2019, 9:30:08 AM via Website

Very useful

Helpful?