Andoroid app update problem

• Replies:5
namita rathore
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 21, 2018, 4:42:47 AM via Website

hi there I want to try to update my app on google play consloe but it is giving an error please help me how to solve this issue.
Upload failed
You uploaded an APK that is not signed with the upload certificate. You must use the same certificate. The upload certificate has fingerprint:
[ SHA1: C5:71:82:4C:FA:74:73:53:B8:B2:F6:1F:7C:44:66:96:14:6D:50:4A ]
and the certificate used to sign the APK you uploaded have fingerprint:
[ SHA1: 2A:67:92:B4:98:71:48:72:F3:19:8F:F7:3F:98:A6:68:D4:1A:78:9E ]
Your APK needs to have the package name com.namamisak.kumar1986.saket1.
You need to use a different version code for your APK because you already have one with version code 1.
Upload another APK
i changed the verison code still it is showing this error.
please help

James Watson
  • Forum posts: 1,584

Jan 21, 2018, 6:53:09 AM via Website

If you submit an updating version for your app on Play Store, the new version should have the same package name, same certificate signed with, but bigger version code as the old version.

Download size < 0.15 MB. But also accurate enough, ad-free & free.
The minimalist app available on Play Store: https://goo.gl/ws42fN
Blog: https://okblackcafe.blogspot.com Your 5-star is appreciated.

namita rathore
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 21, 2018, 11:14:50 AM via Website

please help step by step as I don't know programming I made this app using others source code.

James Watson
  • Forum posts: 1,584

Jan 22, 2018, 4:02:05 AM via Website

You need to figure out which certificate was used to sign your old version APK at first.
And what is the package name for your old and new APK?

Download size < 0.15 MB. But also accurate enough, ad-free & free.
The minimalist app available on Play Store: https://goo.gl/ws42fN
Blog: https://okblackcafe.blogspot.com Your 5-star is appreciated.

Journey Through Time
  • Forum posts: 28

Sep 13, 2023, 9:55:00 AM via Website

The error you're encountering indicates that the APK you're trying to upload to the Google Play Console is not signed with the same certificate as the previous APK. This is a security measure to ensure that only the original developer can update an app.

To resolve this issue, you must use the same keystore and certificate that you used to sign the previous version of your app. Here are the steps to follow:

Locate the Original Keystore:
You need to locate the keystore file (usually with a .jks or .keystore extension) and the alias and password you used to sign the previous APK. If you can't find this information, it's crucial to retrieve it.

Build Your App with the Correct Keystore:
In your development environment, ensure that you are building your app using the same keystore, alias, and password as the previous version. This is usually configured in your app's build.gradle file.

Increment the Version Code:
As you mentioned, you've already changed the version code. Ensure that the version code in your app's build.gradle is indeed higher than the previous version you uploaded.

Generate a New APK:
Build a new APK with the updated version code using the same keystore.

Upload the New APK:
Go to the Google Play Console, select your app, and upload the new APK. Make sure you're using the same package name (com.namamisak.kumar1986.saket1) as before.

Save and Publish:
After successfully uploading the APK, save your changes and proceed with publishing your app update.

If you encounter any issues or errors during this process, double-check your keystore and alias information, as well as the version code in your app's build.gradle. Ensure that everything matches the previous version of your app that was published on Google Play.

Remember to keep your keystore file and its credentials secure, as losing access to it can result in being unable to update your app in the future.

Fatima Ansari

Fatima Ansari
  • Forum posts: 21

Nov 1, 2023, 8:52:40 PM via Website

It appears that the error is related to a certificate mismatch issue while trying to update your app on Google Play Console. To resolve this problem, you must ensure that you sign the APK with the correct certificate, the one that matches the original upload certificate with the specified SHA1 fingerprint. Additionally, you should double-check that the package name in your APK matches the required package name "com.namamisak.kumar1986.saket1." Lastly, make sure you use a different version code for your APK, as you cannot upload an APK with the same version code as a previous one. If the issue persists after following these steps, consider seeking further assistance from Google Play support or development forums.