Connected apps.

• Replies:16
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 819

Dec 26, 2017, 12:53:27 PM via Website

Hi everyone
I have a galaxy s 5. I am running on the 6.0.1 softwear.
I noticed something in google setting, under connected apps!
It's called " Android Device ".
I have had this phone for 3 years, and that Android Device was not there untill about a month ago! When i disconnect it, it shuts down my google account including my email. And when i re-open my google account it appears again!
The only other thing i have noticed is , lately my internet will shut down for a very brief time! (This may not have anything to do with it.)
Can anyone tell me what this Andriod Device is, And what it's all about?

— modified on Dec 26, 2017, 1:11:12 PM

Sancho Panza
  • Forum posts: 5

Jan 26, 2018, 9:40:07 PM via Website

I just discovered the same peculiar interruptions in my connection. It will either lose connection or sometimes Chrome will say "connection interrupted". The discovery of the "Android device" connected app brought me to this forum. It would have been no big deal if the connection problem we share wasn't happening to you also out of nowhere. "Man-in-the-Middle" perhaps? I am not the paranoid type but this just started happening to me roughly the same time the Android device app showed up. If anyone knows about this please kindly reply. Also, did you happen to get any "new device sign-in" notifications? Eight days ago I received one from Google called unknown "Android device" from 140 miles away. Not using a VPN nor have I been out of town for months. Hmmmmm.

Deactivated Account

Jan 27, 2018, 4:31:20 AM via Website

Sancho
The problem with my internet disruption has disappeared for now! Like i suggested it might not have anything to do with this Andriod Device in connected apps! But i still don't have any idea what it's all about!
I try not to be overly suspicious also, but i think Google is up to thier old tricks again!
Just had a thought!
Apple just got caught installing a program that will slow down your battery...!
Do you think Google is trying to the same?

Sancho Panza

Jan 30, 2018, 5:25:36 AM via Website

From what I know, Google is pretty open about their trackers and adware. I doubt they would pull shady moves considering they need our devices running smoothly to make money with adware views. I just thought it was strange that you were going through the same two things at roughly the same time I started to. The new device login is what really got me. Gmail said it was from "unknown device". That's about when the other two started. As for the connection problem, mine stopped happening when I use Chrome to surf but when I stream anything, the connection cuts off bits at a time. My internet is great and this never happened in the 5+ years I've been on this plan.

Deactivated Account

Jan 30, 2018, 11:57:20 AM via Website

Sancho
That unknown device could be somone is using your wifi signal! As far as your interruption while streaming, that could be your ISP is throttling down that web site. That is going to be happening more now that the net nutrality act has been repealed. (You can thank Ajit Pai for this!)
As far as google - be careful who you trust, they will do anything to increase thier profits!
They like apple will make our older model device malfunction just to get us to buy a new phone. Thats how they make most of thier profits!
I can quote you several ways google has tried to do that to me!

Sancho Panza

Jan 31, 2018, 9:18:21 AM via Website

I haven't used wifi in awhile. Have unlimited T-Mobile LTE. Usually very fast and steady. I think my problems stem from a device of mine being stolen. Well, it really seems like everything I have and all my activities on my phone is getting rerouted to San Jose somehow. My password for this site was again changed for the third consecutive login. I try not to whine about it(seeming crazy to people around me is enough without being called a crybaby) but this happens everywhere and everything I login to. Getting old. That is why the late replies. I hate going online nowadays.

Deactivated Account

Jan 31, 2018, 12:04:06 PM via Website

Sancho
Did you inform T Mobile about the theft of your phone? They can find it from the signal and arrest whoever took it! They will shut down the signal to the stolen device! Then do a factory reset on your new device. And create all new accounts and passwords.
That should take care of the problem!

Sancho Panza

Feb 2, 2018, 9:48:31 AM via Website

The stolen device was actually one of those free Obama phones. I got it because it was free and I really didn't care about it. I already had this other phone anyway. I just left it laying around but I didn't think about my accounts being infiltrated. Anyway, I couldn't call cops on my niece. My brother restricted her phone usage so I guess she got desperate. BTW, my password was not changed this time. Felt pretty good. Quite rare for me to login and not have to hassle with password recovery. I want to find whoever has it now myself. There's an asswhipping coming to them one day. I was hoping the Android device mystery would bring me another step closer. It is purely being done to mess with me.

Deactivated Account

Feb 3, 2018, 1:42:06 PM via Website

Rachael
You might be right about the internet connection, but what about the Android Device in my connected apps?
Any idea what that is?

Sancho Panza

Feb 9, 2018, 5:35:26 AM via Website

Just strange that the Android device showed up around the same time. Maybe it was a buggy update. Just trying to cover all bases since I received that email about being signed in to "unknown device"(in the bay area)?!
1)It has been a while since I've been in that area.
2)I haven't signed in on a different device in a while.
Just looking into any abnormal or strange events. I am far from needing to worry about being under surveillance. It just irritates me when I have to make a new account,recover my password or change it just to login anywhere.

Deactivated Account

Feb 9, 2018, 12:54:51 PM via Website

Sancho
Have you ever linked your phone with any other device? To tranfer any pictures or files ? Your niece that took your old phone could have done this! (Your missing phone could be that UNKNOWN DEVICE!)
If you did and that link is still open, thats the problem! And the person who owns that device may not know about it. Or someone has hacked into your Wifi signal!
Just contact your carrier and have that unknown device blocked from your account! That should be the end of your problems
Note; when you purchased your new device you should have had your old phone removed from your account!

Deactivated Account

Feb 23, 2018, 11:56:38 AM via Website

Maria
Just trying to be helpful.
Thank you for the thumbs up!
Lindsay:)

Arsedistroyer
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 28, 2020, 1:39:41 AM via Website

You guys should be worried about your devices being hacked and it's someone close to you. I have had the same issues with my phone's and I have discovered that my better half has been spying on me through my own device. On the surface it all looks ok but I have found that my device is being monitored by some kind of mobile device management and it showed no trace of anything. That Android device app might be an app that is linked to some other device for the perpose of reading your text messages to a personal computer or laptop.

Uverlyab
  • Forum posts: 13

Jan 30, 2020, 9:33:43 AM via Website

After I replaced the android with an iPhone, my impressions of the gadgets changed. After the android, I'm just excited about the new acquisition. So far, in a year, no problem.

Arsedistroyer
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 30, 2020, 8:39:38 PM via Website

Well don't be to trusting I have used both platforms and my iPhone was compromised as well. They can hide it better on iOS. Go to device management people when nothing else makes sense and look for anything on your devices that says certificate installed.

Albert65565
  • Forum posts: 23

Mar 6, 2020, 3:26:45 PM via Website

From what I know, Google is pretty open about their trackers and adware. I doubt they would pull shady moves considering they need our devices running smoothly to make money with adware views. I just thought it was strange that you were going through the same two things at roughly the same time I started to. The new device login is what really got me. Gmail said it was from "unknown device". That's about when the other two started. As for the connection problem, mine stopped happening when I use Chrome to surf but when I stream anything, the connection cuts off bits at a time. My internet is great and this never happened in the 5+ years I've been on this plan.