Gmail app & Google Play stopped working

• Replies:10
sinead fagan
  • Forum posts: 4

Nov 8, 2017, 9:58:02 PM via Website

Hi, Gmail kept freezing, so tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Now Gmail app will not allow me add email address to be able to open app. But can get Gmail thru browser ( chrome). But a side effect is Google Play now only has blank screen. Tried going back to factory default. Gmail still not working and same with Google play, now will not update any default apps or allow me to add any more.
Tried going into settings, into app, and force stop, clear cache & data but on both apps made no difference.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated! Media pad is only 1yr old, and is pretty useless now as no updating or ability to add anything :(

James Watson
  • Forum posts: 1,584

Nov 9, 2017, 6:39:50 AM via Website

Now, can you succeed in accessing to the web version of your Play Store & Gmail?

If yes, go to Settings - Permissions - Google Play or Gmail - Set individual permissions, enable the option 'Trust this app'. Try to open the two Apps again.

Download size < 0.15 MB. But also accurate enough, ad-free & free.
The minimalist app available on Play Store: https://goo.gl/ws42fN
Blog: https://okblackcafe.blogspot.com Your 5-star is appreciated.

sinead fagan

Nov 9, 2017, 4:23:13 PM via Website

Hi an update. Managed to get into Google play using main Google a/c ,( 9 dots with drop down icons) could actually see apps. Tried to install Facebook, but was saying already installed ( even though I had previously reset the tablet back to factory mode) showed both my phone device and this media pad, but said' no carrier'.
Pressed the installed button anyway and Google asks for my password, no problem, then the Google Play store comes up but it's blank.
If I reset the tablet back to factory setting, how is it saying I have Facebook already installed? 😥

sinead fagan

Nov 10, 2017, 11:34:24 PM via Website

Another update, when got into Google play using Google drop down menu, gives option of downloading a new app ( that I haven't had before. Says all ones I actually want are already installed) have open to download to my Huawei phone and Huawei media pad. But media pad is greyed out and says ' no carrier' .
Tried to manually set up my Gmail again, and window says that IMAP/SMTP service is disabled. Enable the service and try again.
Does this help at all?
Thanks again for taking the time to try to help ☺

James Watson
  • Forum posts: 1,584

Nov 11, 2017, 3:29:34 PM via Website

Some points for your reference -

1. Is your Huawei Device international version or China version? For a China version Huawei device, you have to install GMS Core at first time in order to use gmail, Play Store, and any other Google apps.

2. Are you sure that you have a full access to internet connection? If your internet connection to Google servers has been blocked for some reasons, you have to use some VPN APP to bypass this limitation.

Good luck to you and have a Good weekend to you all.

Download size < 0.15 MB. But also accurate enough, ad-free & free.
The minimalist app available on Play Store: https://goo.gl/ws42fN
Blog: https://okblackcafe.blogspot.com Your 5-star is appreciated.

majbahul i.
  • Forum posts: 13

Nov 12, 2017, 2:48:12 PM via Website

Maybe this is time to reset factory setting :(

homecleanncr
  • Forum posts: 1

Nov 13, 2017, 8:01:22 AM via Website

It may be a OS updation related problem.

CHIGGPATEL
  • Forum posts: 2

Nov 14, 2017, 10:34:55 AM via Website

Solution 1: Reset your Device:
Just Press and hold the Power button on your Android Smartphone, and when the menu appears on your device tap on Restart.
Solution 2: Clear Google Play Services Cache and Data:
Go to Settings → Tap on App*Google Play Services* and tap on it. and tap on Force Stop and finally tap on OK to confirm.
Solution 3: Remove Google Services Framework cache and data:
The Google Services Framework is one type of system app which comes preinstalled in your Android devices.
Solution 4: Remove Google Play Store cache and data:

Jeromy Tailor
  • Forum posts: 14

Nov 15, 2017, 4:00:09 PM via Website

Well suggestion. Thank you!

sinead fagan

Nov 16, 2017, 10:19:32 AM via Website

Hi thanks for the 4 suggestions. Have tried them all, uninstalled Play totally and downloaded the same version. When I open it, is blank screen with the 'buffering' symbol, (turning circle) as if it's trying to connect. But stays blank.
It does have the menu bar, so I can type in Netflix for example, but just stays blank when I do.

asus here
  • Forum posts: 1

Jun 23, 2018, 1:50:47 PM via Website

Gmail app isn't syncing automatically, i have notice the following problems: ... my phone or tablet is running out of space, syncing won't work.