Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 — How to make SD card default storage + other q's

• Replies:3
Alix Rainbow
  • Forum posts: 2

Oct 4, 2017, 4:14:07 PM via Website

Hello,

I have a rooted Galaxy Tab A (2016) with S Pen 10.1. SM-P580. Running 6.0.1.

I have a couple of issues I can't get past.

First problem :

Whenever I restart my tablet there are a few changes that always occur. They are :

• Screen timeout goes back to the default 15 seconds (although I have it changed to 2 minutes)
  • Keyboard goes back to the default one (from my chosen SwiftKey to Samsung keyboard)
  • In "notification access" everything goes to "off"
  • In "Accessibility" and "Services" everything goes to "off". Each time I need to manually turn them back on, one by one.

It can be quite annoying to always have to change everything back at each reboot. It even happens even if I don't reboot but leave the tablet on for a few days.

Does anyone know what to do, to make my preferences stay??

Second problem (more importantly) :

I can't find an application that would make the SD card the default storage (this option does not exist in the tablet itself).

As it is now, if I want to download music or movies I can't. Because with the 16GB (and almost full) internal memory it's not enough.

Anytime an application has been updated it goes automatically to the internal storage so I have to keep moving them back manually to the SD card, if not the rest won't update since not enough space.....

I have 1,3 GB left of free space on internal storage and 97GB on SD card.

So I have a fancy tablet and a big SD card but can't download anything!
I have tried a few SD applications but they just don't do the job. And some of them don't even recognise that I have a SD card.

Does anyone know of an SD card application that would do the basic work of :
- Make SD card default storage.
- Be able to move applications to and from SD card.
- Automatically move recently downloaded apps to SD card.

I would be most grateful for any help I can get!
Thank you!

carlosritchie
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 17, 2019, 12:37:44 PM via Website

hey did you have any luck with this?

Alix Rainbow
  • Forum posts: 2

Jul 17, 2019, 5:19:38 PM via Website

Nope... :'(

leonardwulf
  • Forum posts: 11

Jun 12, 2020, 1:44:18 PM via Website

Hello, can I ask? Which type of sd card u use? Samsung?
I want to buy myself, but I don’t know what to choose, I looked at the comparison here, but in all DATA TRANSFER SPEED is about 90, only Samsung 45. Don't know why?