Copy files to root/system/media/audio

• Replies:0
E money
  • Forum posts: 1

Oct 1, 2017, 2:10:31 AM via Website

Using a Blu life x2 rooted TWRP and using a custom rom called Drax from blox2.

Having a heck of a time getting access to the root system directory. I can browse it just fine via Root Explorer app. I can see all the notification sounds and ringtones that are default. (im ultimately trying to put some new notifications/ringtones directly on the internal storage vs installing something like zedge to manage ringtones (and trying to learn as i go).

Using ADB and fastboot im able to copy files. at least i thought. Booted into TWRP, i can see my device via "adb devices" I try to copy the first time and it fails as it doesnt see the directly (which is odd to me because its clearly there, i can navigated it when booted into android and browsing via Root Explorer. I then see that adb created a directly, i try again and it says it copied. As you can see on the screen shot.

since i cant submit a link yet.... drive.google.com/open?id=0B1halGed5ltCMVY0VzduRk5kTHM

So i think im golden, i go into Android try to change the notification and .. bubkiss. Nothing. I then try to see the file in android via root explorer and its not there.

I think i have a permissions issue as i've tried copying files directly in android using Root Explorer and I get operation failed or permissions complaints.

Any insights on this?