Restoring without wiping what I've received in the interim

• Replies:5
L O
  • Forum posts: 1

Sep 4, 2017, 9:24:34 PM via Website

Hi - my phone went down a month ago, and it's been repaired. I've backed up my whatsapp chat history, so I intend to restore it.

However, what will happen to messages I've received while the phone has been out of action? My guess is that the restore will overwrite any pending messages. Is that right? If so, are there any ways to get around this? Thanks!

tony williams
  • Forum posts: 47

Sep 5, 2017, 2:17:56 PM via Website

WhatsApp messages are stored on WhatsApp servers when you restore it gives you option to restore previous messages

Pasnckwee
  • Forum posts: 8

Sep 6, 2017, 5:30:54 AM via Website

Nothing is easily deleted on Android phone , you can recover lost data with tool , or you can check out your backup files

martin smith
  • Forum posts: 277

Sep 6, 2017, 10:41:46 AM via Website

You can recover all the messages with data recovery tool..

Gary Stevenson

George Kim
  • Forum posts: 6

Sep 6, 2017, 12:48:23 PM via Website

whatsapp regularly makes a backup, so you'll be able to find a recent backup if you choose to restore it. also, there are data recovery apps/tools to help you recover other data too. do note that when whatsapp asks you to restore, don't ignore. it explicitly puts up a fair warning that if you don't restore them now, you won't be able to later.

Gary Stevenson

Gary Stevenson
  • Forum posts: 3

Sep 6, 2017, 12:53:19 PM via Website

can anyone name an app here? I plan on wiping everything off the phone and also have a damaged phone whose data i'd like to recover.