Samsung Galaxy Note 4 — how to uninstall apps

• Replies:6
Margaret S.
  • Forum posts: 2

Aug 29, 2017, 12:50:03 AM via Website

when I switch on my Samsung N7000 (android) it auto starts google calender and probably othe programs. I want to uninstall the calender, and other apps for which I have no use.

I would also like to prevent unnecessary programs running in the background. I tried going to developer and can see how to set a limit on the number of background processes but cannot see either how to discover which apps are running or how to uninstall those I do not need. I cannot find the list of processes referred to on a help page.
Please help

Amy Heimbach
  • Forum posts: 29

Aug 29, 2017, 8:44:51 AM via Website

The built-in calendar can't be deleted. It doesn't take up much memory, so you don't need to uninstall it.

Margaret S.
  • Forum posts: 2

Sep 3, 2017, 6:05:46 PM via Website

I did not pose the right question. When I switch on I am told that 27 apps are running in the background, running my battery down and using the processing power. I am briefly offered an app which claims it will deal with the problem .The screen disappears before I manage to make a note of the app name, and anyway I hesitate to instal an app about which I know nothing. I am increasingly frustrated and seek help. I am not technically fluent.
My 5 questions therefore are
1. How do I find which apps are running (in the background or foreground) and which of them were autostarted ?
2 which apps is it safe to delete, or which to kill, (or which would it be unsafe to remove if that is the shorter list!).?
3. How do I control which apps autostart?
4 I seem to have a long list of installed apps, most of which I do not recognise. Searching with google to find what the apps are for is not usually fruitful. Any suggestions of how else to identify the purpose of an app?
5 Using 'settings' I am offered the option to uninstall updates but not to uninstall the app. Is there another way? (Unknown apps include (among many others) Automation test; badge provider; Blue Sea; certificate installer; context provider; CoolEUKor; CSC; DSM forwarding; DSNLawnmo; enterpriseSysScopeSerevice; flashannotateSc vc
; fiipboard; many google apps such as google play moves &TV(which I certainly would not use); Helv Neue S; INDIService manager; kobo; (the list seems almost endless)

Casser 110
  • Forum posts: 11

Sep 4, 2017, 4:12:41 AM via Website

Yes , you are right ,

John Jones
  • Forum posts: 4

Sep 4, 2017, 3:11:32 PM via Website

Just hold the apps the if X sign pop up press it. If not you have to change your theme. Just like you want to delete that calendar on your screen. That's all don't bother yourself.

James Watson
  • Forum posts: 1,584

Sep 5, 2017, 9:59:56 AM via Website

Margaret S.

I did not pose the right question. When I switch on I am told that 27 apps are running in the background, running my battery down and using the processing power. I am briefly offered an app which claims it will deal with the problem .The screen disappears before I manage to make a note of the app name, and anyway I hesitate to instal an app about which I know nothing. I am increasingly frustrated and seek help. I am not technically fluent.
My 5 questions therefore are
1. How do I find which apps are running (in the background or foreground) and which of them were autostarted ?
2 which apps is it safe to delete, or which to kill, (or which would it be unsafe to remove if that is the shorter list!).?
3. How do I control which apps autostart?
4 I seem to have a long list of installed apps, most of which I do not recognise. Searching with google to find what the apps are for is not usually fruitful. Any suggestions of how else to identify the purpose of an app?
5 Using 'settings' I am offered the option to uninstall updates but not to uninstall the app. Is there another way? (Unknown apps include (among many others) Automation test; badge provider; Blue Sea; certificate installer; context provider; CoolEUKor; CSC; DSM forwarding; DSNLawnmo; enterpriseSysScopeSerevice; flashannotateSc vc
; fiipboard; many google apps such as google play moves &TV(which I certainly would not use); Helv Neue S; INDIService manager; kobo; (the list seems almost endless)

So many questions. :D
Let me try to answer the 1st one. As for my phone, in Settings - Developer options - Running services, I can view and control all currently running services.

Download size < 0.15 MB. But also accurate enough, ad-free & free.
The minimalist app available on Play Store: https://goo.gl/ws42fN
Blog: https://okblackcafe.blogspot.com Your 5-star is appreciated.

Bastian Siewers
  • Forum posts: 9,729

Sep 5, 2017, 12:14:46 PM via Website

Hi Margaret, welcome to AndroidPIT! :)

The only reason to uninstall apps is actually if you are running out of storage space. Even if Apps are running in the background, they are not draining your battery or using processing power. They are sleeping as long as you are not using them, there's no reason to bother with them.

Deactivated AccountJohn Jones