Motorola Moto G — Sync Outlook Contacts on Moto G5

• Replies:1
Howard Bartlett
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 24, 2017, 9:58:08 AM via Website

My wife and I have separate email accounts with Hotmail. On our windows computer we access our emails through an email client (eM Client). The contacts are synced with my account. My wife’s old phone was a Moto G running Android 5.1and on this phone she accessed her emails through Outlook and I accessed my contact list through Exchange. In Exchange there is an option to sync emails, contacts and calendar so we turned off contacts and calendar which just left my contacts being synced on her phone. My wife has just changed her phone to a Moto G5 which is running Android 7.0O. On her new phone there does not appear to be an option to access emails through Exchange so my account has to be accessed through Outlook. Unfortunately the only option in Outlook is to sync contacts so with this on all my emails are synced on her phone but with this turned off all my contacts are deleted from her phone. On the new phone how can she access my contacts without accessing my emails?

chayusiro
  • Forum posts: 69

Aug 30, 2017, 8:44:01 AM via Website

If you want to Sync Outlook Contacts on Moto G5, you can rely on a third-party platform like Exchange Server or Gmail. If Exchange Server doesn't work, you can try Gmail.

— modified on Aug 31, 2017, 4:46:16 AM