Samsung Galaxy S5 — The "may have new messages" from whatsapp

• Replies:5
naomi adams
  • Forum posts: 2

Aug 3, 2017, 3:24:55 PM via Website

I get the message that I may have new messages from WhatsApp while I am connected to the wifi but I have to switch off my wifi and use my data to read the message and its the same when I want to said a message, I have to use my data as the message won't send using wifi

Bastian Siewers
  • Forum posts: 9,729

Aug 3, 2017, 4:56:49 PM via Website

Hi Naomi,

WhatsApp displays that message when it experiences issues with your network. We have explained everything about this issue in our WhatsApp-article.

Do you also have problems with other apps when connected to Wifi?

naomi adams
  • Forum posts: 2

Aug 3, 2017, 7:01:46 PM via Website

No, It's only WhatsApp. It's very annoying having to switch my wifi on and off just to read and send messages. I haven't touched any of my setting and they are not on data savings mode either..and I'm using my data to view the messages not the wifi even though my wifi is running well and I have full signal

— modified on Aug 3, 2017, 7:06:05 PM

ajazgames
  • Forum posts: 137

Aug 4, 2017, 9:40:25 AM via Website

that must be a problem occured in your whatsapp version ...its better to un install that and downlod a new version ..it may solve...if not i should bre your wifi device problem

Bastian Siewers

ninhlee
  • Forum posts: 48

Aug 5, 2017, 4:48:59 AM via Website

That's so strange I never saw before.

Deactivated Account

Jenny Diep
  • Forum posts: 16

Aug 6, 2017, 10:26:26 AM via Website

I think it is the SMS application for Android, just like the iOS OS messaging each other without charge for a wifi connection. And when I disconnect from the internet, I do not know.