I moved the system folder from my tablet's phone memory to sd card, now phone can't boot

• Replies:5
Emeka Eugene
  • Forum posts: 3

Jul 20, 2017, 6:58:06 AM via Website

I rooted my device so as to remove files from my phone memory since I couldn't download playstore apps. After moving the system folder from phone memory to sd card , tablet goes off and couldn't reboot. Please how can I transfer the folder back to phone memory since I can no longer access the contents. I also have valuable documents in the phone memory.

Thank you.

AC&MM

AC&MM
  • Forum posts: 1,155

Jul 20, 2017, 7:13:56 AM via Website

Emeka Eugene

I rooted my device so as to remove files from my phone memory since I couldn't download playstore apps. After moving the system folder from phone memory to sd card , tablet goes off and couldn't reboot. Please how can I transfer the folder back to phone memory since I can no longer access the contents. I also have valuable documents in the phone memory.

Thank you.

Have you already tried to install the Stock ROM? Is your device a Samsung? I believe if you do this, everything is gonna be ok. But don't transfer the system folder to your SD card anymore. It'll never work.

AC&MM
Galaxy J7 Pro
Moto X Force
Galaxy Tab S3

Emeka Eugene

Jul 24, 2017, 8:41:25 PM via Website

Thank you for the reply. I haven't installed the ROM. It's a Tecno N9 tablet running Android 4.2.2. Can I backup the files in the phone memory before ROM installation? (I haven't done this before). If yes, kindly suggest procedure and link to find genuine ROM for installation.

Thank you very much.

Deactivated Account

AC&MM
  • Forum posts: 1,155

Jul 24, 2017, 8:57:37 PM via Website

Emeka Eugene

Thank you for the reply. I haven't installed the ROM. It's a Tecno N9 tablet running Android 4.2.2. Can I backup the files in the phone memory before ROM installation? (I haven't done this before). If yes, kindly suggest procedure and link to find genuine ROM for installation.

Thank you very much.

http://www.romkingz.net/2015/10/download-tecno-n9-stock-rom.html

I believe this link is safe to download the Stock ROM of your device.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaK5OxUeDKM

And this other teaches you how to make a backup via ADB Sideload.

I hope it helps you.

AC&MM
Galaxy J7 Pro
Moto X Force
Galaxy Tab S3

Deactivated Account

Emeka Eugene

Jul 24, 2017, 9:29:31 PM via Website

Thanks a million times. I appreciate the response. I shall go through them and hopefully, succeed with the installation.

Deactivated Account

Jack
  • Forum posts: 1

Sep 21, 2017, 2:46:45 AM via Website

seems you have bricked your phone by that singular action. you can restore it by simply downloading and installing a new stock rom on the phone.

Deactivated Account