Huawei Ascend Mate 7 — Mate 8 - NRD90 test keys build number

• Replies:3
Steven Wang
  • Forum posts: 1

May 7, 2017, 4:04:23 PM via Website

Hi guys, i am new to this forum and i certainly need help with my mate 8.

My mate 8 was rooted. It had a b190 build number, then i updated to b200 build number as my phone updater suggested and then shortly after that there was another update in the updater which ended with b560. When i updated the build number read NRD90 test-keys which i found strange. Then....

I saw the following:

No file manager
No google account, wihch means i can't even get onto playstore to download a keyboard
No virtual keyboard which means i can't text at all
Bluetooth did not work
and google voice was set to default with no other alternative and i can't switch it off.
Factory reset stops at around 22%

Not bad for a few minutes of updating which has resulted in my phone being rendered useless.
On the upside!...
I do have my bootloader code and i have srk tool. I know i can fix this, i just need the right build number with the corresponding insecure boot image and proper links. Everything on XDA seems to take forever and that when they FEEL like helping, otherwise you have to donate.

Can someone please help?

Crystal Reinl
  • Forum posts: 12

Jun 8, 2017, 12:08:17 PM via Website

Have you got the Mate 9 / 9 Pro test? How will it perform?

James Watson
  • Forum posts: 1,584

Jun 9, 2017, 4:41:27 AM via Website

As your mate 8 had been rooted, the system software was not official. And where was the updating of system software from? ...
So, maybe you should google search for something from the firmware version you used when rooting.

Download size < 0.15 MB. But also accurate enough, ad-free & free.
The minimalist app available on Play Store: https://goo.gl/ws42fN
Blog: https://okblackcafe.blogspot.com Your 5-star is appreciated.

Wallyboy Bautista
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 11, 2017, 1:31:52 PM via Website

i got the same problem, i just downloaded an keyboard apk on my laptop and transfer it to my phone