Software Update Killed [IMPORTANT] Call Recording Capabilities

• Replies:0
Justin Ebert
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 3, 2017, 5:36:54 AM via Website

Hello All,

Each day I make a phone call which contains important [to me] information. This information is often needed throughout the day at which time I reference the recording. For the past several months, I have been using 'Call Recorder' for this. I understand there are several different call recorders with that name, but none of them work now. Around February 16th-17th, an update was applied to my phone which killed this capability.

I have tried at least six different recording softwares, one of which is merely turning up the volume on speaker phone and then recording from the microphone; which is not feasible.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can remedy this? I was going to just do a factory reset and then not apply the update, but I learned yesterday that this turns in to a headache. My wife uses the same phone, so immediately after my issue started, I told her to abstain from updating. She said that it basically forced her to do it; so a factory reset doesn't seem like the sustainable solution. Please help.

Thanks,

Justin
LG Stylo 2
Android 7.0
Security Patch Level - Feb 1, 2017
Build Number NRD90U
Software Version - LS775ZV9