Samsung Galaxy S7 "process system isn’t responding" and "unable to open Gallery"

• Replies:6
zillah zillah
  • Forum posts: 22

Feb 7, 2017, 11:51:45 AM via Website

Hi Experts

http://forums.androidcentral.com/moto-x-pure-edition/622358-6-0-marshmallow-internal-memory-storage-does-not-show-up-when-connected-laptop-via-usb.html

I rooted my Galaxy S7 32 GB and it was working with no problem till I was messing with Link2SD and I did something stupid don't know what is it then

my phone kept popping up these two messages :

"process system isn’t responding" and "unable to open Gallery"

Setting --> Application Manager --> External Storage and Media Storage and clear data and cache on each one and reboot

Then Wipe the phone cache and wipe data and factory reset

Still no joy

I was able to get rid off "process system isn’t responding" but still I am struggling with "unable to open Gallery"

When I connect my phone via USB cable to my laptop phone storage shown as 127 MB!!!! while internal storage is 32 GB

Developer Options --> USB MTP was chosen

Any advise what should I do to overcome this issue ?

Thanks

— modified on Feb 7, 2017, 12:11:37 PM

Matthew Demeter
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 8, 2017, 2:36:29 AM via Website

The same exact thing happened with me today. I was trying to do link2sd and now my whole phone is messed up. Also with me, all my files were erased. When I go onto rar or my files nothing appears and my storage has gone down by half. I have tried restoring to stock rom with no success.

zillah zillah
  • Forum posts: 22

Feb 8, 2017, 2:56:51 AM via Website

I went to Samsung center and they flashed my phone with the stock rom ,,,means connected phone to his laptop via usb cable and then pressed down volume plus menu key and power button, and then installed stock ROM
Now problem fixed.

R R.

Hafiz Tronics
  • Forum posts: 7

Feb 9, 2017, 10:02:16 AM via Website

I rooted my Galaxy S7 32 GB and it was working with no problem till I was messing with Link2SD and I did something stupid don't know what is it then

my phone kept popping up these two messages :

Setting --> Application Manager --> External Storage and Media Storage and clear data and cache on each one and reboot

Still no joy

I was able to get rid off "process system isn’t responding" but still I am struggling with "unable to open Gallery"

When I connect my phone via USB cable to my laptop phone storage shown as 127 MB!!!! while internal storage is 32 GB

Developer Options --> USB MTP was chosen

Thanks

— modified on Feb 9, 2017, 10:03:46 AM

Hafiz Tronics
  • Forum posts: 7

Feb 10, 2017, 10:26:48 AM via Website

Still no joy

Justin Jones
  • Forum posts: 13

Feb 14, 2017, 3:40:09 AM via Website

Simple trick: Reboot your Samsung and see whether the problem is solved.
Or, you might have to perform a factory reset for Samsung. Please make a backup in advance.

klose maggette
  • Forum posts: 12

Mar 20, 2019, 9:20:10 AM via Website

Also there is a way to fix these problem by repairing Android system
youtube.com/watch?v=zXSHe3oorIM