How to read Whatsapp Crypt12 files

• Replies:4
This_is_my Samsung
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 2, 2017, 1:41:29 AM via Website

Can someone help me find the easiest and free (unpaid) way of reading the chat of crypt12 files?
C'mon Android genius, help me out.

Thanks in advance

PakRayon
  • Forum posts: 48

Jan 3, 2017, 5:03:58 AM via Website

If you have the same phone number that was used to make the Crypt12 files, it is easy. Just rename the .crypt12 file as msgstore.db.crypt12 with a file manager, then uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp to restore messages from the file.

If you don't have the phone number, maybe some tools can decrpt the files. You're suggested to tell people why you want to read the WhatsApp crypt files that are not linked to your phone number, so that we know we are helping the right person.

VinceeeTerry Penc

Solise Pratt

Feb 14, 2017, 7:43:22 AM via Website

Good day Raymond
i lost my whatsapp number since i was using my phone without number.

Dheeraj Sharma

Aug 16, 2018, 9:57:46 AM via Website

hello Friends,
i have crypt12 file but i can not have the device, will any one help me please to read this plz

plz its very urgent for me

82.dheeraj@gmail.com

Kanimozhi Arasi

Mar 3, 2019, 8:34:35 PM via Website

Actually, someone very close to me just died under mysterious circumstances. Someone very young. And we have reason to believe the perpetration in collusion with the authorities may have deleted some key messages when the phone was in custody. But fortunately, they do not know about this previous version of backups. We cannot risk renaming any file and making it the current database lest we lose out the current version. We need to open this previous backup independent of the phone. Can someone pls pls help???