Email Problem

• Replies:7
Elfyn
  • Forum posts: 15

Nov 16, 2016, 6:07:22 PM via Website

I am having a problem receiving emails from your site. I have not changed anything in my email, ISP or anything else and this just started happening a few days ago. I am signed up to get daily and weekly emails as well as private messages. When I stopped receiving email from you I went to check the forum and it says email from AndroidPit was marked as spam and it turned off my selection to receive email. I go in and reset it, but the next day it is turned off again. I have double and triple checked my email program, address book, and ISP to be sure they are not rejecting email from AndroidPit and there is no problem there. Did something change on your end? Are you suddenly being blocked by earthlink.net? That is the only thing I can figure that might be happening. Please help.

Bastian Siewers
  • Forum posts: 9,729

Nov 16, 2016, 6:17:22 PM via Website

Hello Eifyn,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble receiving our mails. Have you tried a different Email-provider? Not that you should switch your provider, just to make sure that earthlink.net is not blocking us. We didn't change anything on our part and we do not hear about these kinds of issues all that often.

Elfyn

Nov 17, 2016, 6:56:36 PM via Website

I will try a different provider (gmail), but it may not work. It is still happening today. I will let you know...

— modified on Nov 17, 2016, 7:16:52 PM

Elfyn

Nov 17, 2016, 7:14:54 PM via Website

Ok, I tried changing ISP's and gmail works just fine, however, I do not want to use my gmail account.

I cannot use any Earthlink address (I tried a few others) with your site as the emails do not go through at all. Again, I believe the problem is with you and Earthlink. You may need to contact them (Earthlink) to see if/why they are blocking emails from your site. Do you perhaps have a security certificate that may have expired?

Thanks for checking into this.

E

— modified on Nov 17, 2016, 7:17:48 PM

Elfyn

Nov 18, 2016, 9:25:51 PM via Website

I contacted earthlink.net about this issue and below is portion of the chat transcript. You may have to follow some of these steps to get your email servers unblocked by earthlink.net.

Chat Transcript:

David Rich: EarthLink is committed to protecting our customers from spam and viruses.
David Rich: EarthLink blocks IP addresses once they have been associated with spam. EarthLink does not block domains as a part of this process.
David Rich: If you are an email administrator or you have a third-party company who hosts your email and you are receiving one of the automated email responses listed below, your email server’s IP address (know as a MX Address) has been prohibited from emailing EarthLink customers:
David Rich: "There was an SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server.  Please contact your system administrator.   <(website domain name) #5.5.0 smtp;550 IP (the actual blocked IP Address) is blocked by EarthLink. Go to earthlink.net/block for details.>"
David Rich: This could happen for any of several reasons:
mailbrat@earthlink.net: What do I do now?
David Rich: EarthLink has received numerous complaints about the server that handles sender's email.
David Rich: The IP address of sender's  email server is dynamic (changes daily).
David Rich: sender's  IP address has been listed as spam by industry references.
David Rich: sender's  rDNS (Reverse DNS) is not up-to-date and accurate. sender's  rDNS is the hostname associated with the IP address of your email server and should look similar to “mail.example.com”.
David Rich: To have the block removed and be able to send email to EarthLink customers, you will need to forward the bounced email to blockedbyearthlink@abuse.earthlink.net with the subject: Blocked (example:  Blocked 255.255.255.255).  
David Rich: Please note, it is best if the original sender is the one to forward the message.  The blockedbyearthlink@abuse.earthlink.net address is not blocked like our customers addresses, so the email will come through to our Abuse team.
 If you are not the administrator, you can email the address yourself, but you must know the IP address of the sending mail server and include it in the format shown in order to get the server unblocked.

End Transcript 

Hopefully this information will be helpful in trouble shooting this issue.

Elfyn

Nov 23, 2016, 8:56:12 PM via Website

Hi Bastian,

Any progress with this issue? Email to earthlink.net is still not getting through from your site. I have confirmed with earthlink that it is not my email program or settings.

Thanks!
E

— modified on Nov 23, 2016, 8:57:14 PM