Samsung Galaxy S — How do I take a screenshot?

• Replies:7
Mary Hunt
  • Forum posts: 1

Sep 29, 2016, 6:04:21 PM via Website

I am stumped ... can somebody please tell me HOW to take a screenshot on a Galaxy S7E?

Thank you!!

Mary

David Duell
  • Forum posts: 3

Sep 30, 2016, 12:49:28 AM via Website

I have a Galaxy Note 5 but maybe this will work on yours as well.

Push the power button and the big "home" button at the bottom of the screen at the same time; the "home" button is the what you push to return back to your main app screen on your phone. You will hear it make a sound of taking a picture. Next, look in your "Gallery" for your screenshot picture.

James Watson

James Watson
  • Forum posts: 1,584

Sep 30, 2016, 5:05:15 AM via Website

David Duell

I have a Galaxy Note 5 but maybe this will work on yours as well.

Push the power button and the big "home" button at the bottom of the screen at the same time; the "home" button is the what you push to return back to your main app screen on your phone. You will hear it make a sound of taking a picture. Next, look in your "Gallery" for your screenshot picture.

"Home + Power" also works for Galaxy Note 3.

Download size < 0.15 MB. But also accurate enough, ad-free & free.
The minimalist app available on Play Store: https://goo.gl/ws42fN
Blog: https://okblackcafe.blogspot.com Your 5-star is appreciated.

Christie Rodriguez
  • Forum posts: 70

Sep 30, 2016, 3:16:56 PM via Website

This is the tried-and-true method for taking a screenshot on Galaxy S phones. 1.Get the app or screen that you want to capture ready to go. 2.Press and hold the home button and the power button at the same time. It can be a bit of a stretch on these larger phones, but it works just fine. You'll hear the camera shutter sound, along with a short flashing animation, and that's how you know you're good to go. 3.You'll now be able to see the screenshot in the Gallery app, or in Samsung's built-in "My Files" file browser, or in Google Photos, if you use that instead. 4.If you need to find the screenshots from a command line or through the Android File Transfer tool, they'll be in /pictures/screenshots.

damponting44

yo1.6180339887
  • Forum posts: 6

Oct 3, 2016, 8:27:52 AM via Website

Mary Hunt

I am stumped ... can somebody please tell me HOW to take a screenshot on a Galaxy S7E?

Thank you!!

Mary

Power + Home! that should do it.
Or rather i advise HOME + POWER!!! because loads of times in the beginning we tend to shut the screen before the snapshot takes place.
keep them both pressed till you hear that camera click... some phones even show a lill animation the moment its done

Vernie Rasnick
  • Forum posts: 15

Oct 4, 2016, 10:42:39 AM via Website

I think , the shortcut to take a screenshot on a Galaxy S7E is the same as the earlier Samsung.

RozerBys
  • Forum posts: 2

Oct 6, 2016, 12:18:24 PM via Website

follow these steps:

1) Open the screen that you want to capture. This could be any screen in your smartphone, inside an app or even the home screen.
2 )Press and hold Power and Home buttons together.

mclyn Fedrer
  • Forum posts: 2

Oct 6, 2016, 12:21:47 PM via Website

you can easily capture the screen by swiping the edge of your hand across more than half of the screen, while keeping in contact with it.