Google Nexus 5 — Unable to bypass factory reset protection even with the original Google account

• Replies:3
Minnix
  • Forum posts: 1

Sep 7, 2016, 11:10:21 AM via Website

Hi, I bought a Nexus 5X for a friend a few weeks ago and got it updated to Nougat. I used my own Google account to setup the phone and install some apps. Then, I removed the device from my Google account, factory reset it, and gave it to friend. When he switched it on, it asked to enter the original owner’s Google username and password, so I gave mine. But after logging in without any error message, the phone displays the same screen over and over. Asking to enter the original owner’s Google username and password. We tried to wipe user data in recovery mode also. But the same issue occurs. Anyone knows how to fix this? Please help.

WhitePalm22
  • Forum posts: 18

Oct 19, 2017, 12:22:16 PM via Website

Hi Minnix, the FRP lock is activated in your device due to factory reset. Now here, You need to give the right details of previously submitted Google account ID and Password to unlock the FRP. If you are unable to do this, you can use FRP bypass apk to deactivate the previous account from your device. Hopefully, this will work for you. Peace!

veronicadavis
  • Forum posts: 7

Dec 7, 2018, 5:54:45 AM via Website

Hello, this might be an issue due to [Google's FRP feature][1]. Though the feature was designed to protect the device from getting stolen, it became a nightmare for many people. If you are stuck in this situation, I recommend bypassing the Google account verification. You can bypass the Google account verification in a few simple steps which will allow you to unlock the smartphone without entering any Google account credentials.

Alisawangly
  • Forum posts: 83

Nov 21, 2019, 4:35:44 AM via Website

Not your Google account and password, it's the original owner of the phone, and the original Google account and password, you can ask the owner to give you the Google acccount and password. If can't, use the FRP removal to remove Google FRP from the phone without password. It's the force method to solve the problem, and will lose all data in the phone.

— modified on Nov 21, 2019, 4:36:28 AM