Samsung Galaxy Note 4 — Headphone issues

• Replies:2
Paul Cresswell
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 11, 2016, 8:40:51 AM via Website

Hi.I have a Samsung note 4 and my bluetooth headphones work fine apart from when it comes to using it in on Facebook chat.when I us it the sound come out of the loudspeaker on my phone and not though the headphones.I have also tried plug in headphones and the phone doesn't recognise them either? Both where working up till about 7 days ago then they both stopped working 😣

Stacey Matthews
  • Forum posts: 4

Aug 11, 2016, 12:33:12 PM via Website

Try to replace your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Headphone Jack Replacement

Step by Steps for Headphone Jack Replacement

Step 1 — Rear Case

Insert a fingernail or plastic opening tool into the divot to the left of the rear-facing camera.

Gently pry and twist the flexible rear cover off the back of the phone.

Step 2 — Battery

Insert a fingernail or plastic opening tool into the recess in the bottom right corner of the battery and lift upward.

Step 3 — SIM Card

Remove the SIM card by first pushing the card slightly out of its housing, then pulling it the rest of the way.

Step 4 — Midframe

Remove the sixteen 4.0 mm Phillips #00 screws securing the midframe to the display assembly.

Grasp the cap of the S Pen and remove it from its slot in the midframe.

Step 5

Insert a plastic opening tool between the midframe and the display assembly.

Work the plastic opening tool around the perimeter of the phone to break the adhesive.

This adhesive is relatively weak, so no heat gun should be necessary.

Be careful to not separate the front glass panel from the rest of the display assembly, as it is still held together with adhesive.

Step 6

Use a plastic opening tool to loosen the clasps around the battery housing.

Step 7

Push on the battery housing to separate the midframe from the display assembly.

You will have to apply a reasonable amount of pressure to separate the two parts.

If your new midframe does not come with a headphone jack assembly, you'll need to transfer the one from the old midframe into the new one. It can be pried loose with plastic opening tools, as it is held in place with several plastic pins.

Step 8 — Headphone Jack

Use the plastic spudger and tweezers to remove the headphone jack from the middle housing.

Step 9

Pry the headphone jack up from the midframe.

BillyBaker
  • Forum posts: 10

Apr 5, 2020, 12:21:20 AM via Website

It brings a much sharper, 5.7-inch 1440 x 2560-pixel (Quad HD) display, a powerful Exynos 5433 8-core system chip running at up to 1.9GHz