Copyright permission in Play Store

• Replies:3
Neshert
  • Forum posts: 2

Jul 20, 2016, 11:54:37 AM via Website

Hi everyone, this is my first post after lurking quite a while.

I've finally decided to launch one of my apps to the Play Store. This app is Pokemon related, so it has many Pokemon's names and pictures. As I thought before publishing it, it got rejected by copyright as it should, because I can't use the trademark pictures (I think I can't use names aswell).

Regarding this, I've seen that there are a tons of apps that use big trademark "symbols": many Pokemon apps, Nintendo games apps... This apps are far away from being games, they are just utility apps for the real games. Still, they use copyrighted pictures, names, even logos I've seen.

So, my obvious question is, why are these apps in the market? Am I missing anything right here? Can you use the copyrighted content if you have a disclaimer in your description(I dont own the rights of...)?

Thanks

van hoa
  • Forum posts: 27

Jul 20, 2016, 1:37:26 PM via Website

You must read the License before using them. For example, some license require linking to their website....

Neshert
  • Forum posts: 2

Jul 20, 2016, 1:44:04 PM via Website

Well, none of those apps have links nor disclaimers about the copyright content, that's why it's a mistery for me

Achin Sagar
  • Forum posts: 23

Aug 10, 2016, 4:42:19 PM via Website

Google has the authority to remove these apps if any one reports them. Hence it's always a good idea to develop unique logo,art of android application to reduce the risk of getting banned.

Niharika Ni