Strange Activity

• Replies:4
WickedSweetDreamz
  • Forum posts: 45

Jul 13, 2016, 7:25:39 PM via Website

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and for a while now it's been giving me some problems, such as freezing up and loading things slower than usual. The strangest thing though is that every now and then I have been getting a message at the bottom of the screen pretty often in an Asian language with an exclamation point at the end of it. I only speak English and I have checked my phone settings and everything seems fine. But I'm worried about this issue and would like to know if anyone has any ideas on what could be happening to cause this. I'm hoping that it's not a virus of some kind, and just some type of error. Thank you.

pentel
  • Forum posts: 251

Jul 14, 2016, 3:16:21 AM via Website

Vicky C.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and for a while now it's been giving me some problems, such as freezing up and loading things slower than usual. The strangest thing though is that every now and then I have been getting a message at the bottom of the screen pretty often in an Asian language with an exclamation point at the end of it. I only speak English and I have checked my phone settings and everything seems fine. But I'm worried about this issue and would like to know if anyone has any ideas on what could be happening to cause this. I'm hoping that it's not a virus of some kind, and just some type of error. Thank you.

You may have a virus/malware in your phone. Install Norton Security, scan and remove the virus (if any). Norton Security is free to use for one month.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.symantec.mobilesecurity

WickedSweetDreamz

WickedSweetDreamz
  • Forum posts: 45

Jul 16, 2016, 2:39:44 PM via Website

I already have Lookout Mobile Security on my phone but I only have it because I have been paying for it through my phone carrier and I plan on getting rid of it. I recently reinstalled Malwarebytes and it's not telling me that I have any malware. So do you really think that Norton Security is necessary because I was told that Malwarebytes is the best option in terms of antivirus /malware discovery. Thank you.

pentel
  • Forum posts: 251

Jul 16, 2016, 8:06:29 PM via Website

Vicky C.

I already have Lookout Mobile Security on my phone but I only have it because I have been paying for it through my phone carrier and I plan on getting rid of it. I recently reinstalled Malwarebytes and it's not telling me that I have any malware. So do you really think that Norton Security is necessary because I was told that Malwarebytes is the best option in terms of antivirus /malware discovery. Thank you.

Different virus/malware companies have different products/virus definitions/programmers/coding,etc so an anti-virus software from Norton may not be the same as one from McAfee or Kaspersky or Lookout Mobile or Malwarebytes, etc. If Lookout Mobile Security and Malwarebytes (particularly the free one) is not reporting an infection, I would recommend to try one of the big names in anti-virus such as Norton or McAfee. There is no cost involved in trying out Norton, install on your phone, scan your phone, remove the virus (if any) and then uninstall it.

If no virus/malware has been detected, then that Asian language nuisance could have originated from one of your installed apps. Go through your apps/games to see if you can identify which app/game is displaying that Asian language nuisance.

Oggy Jack
  • Forum posts: 9

Jul 20, 2016, 5:40:39 PM via App

Can I ask you that when the message appears.....during any particular task or something else...