Can whatsapp messages get lost on the way?

• Replies:6
Daniel S
  • Forum posts: 3

Jul 13, 2016, 2:38:58 PM via Website

Hello,

I wondered if whatsapp messages can get lost on the way, for example if the sender OR recipient switches the WIFI or data connection off in a critical moment...
Does someone know if that can happen? Or is the whatsapp server trying to send the message several times?

Thank you in advance...

Daniel

— modified on Jul 13, 2016, 2:39:23 PM

theapostle832

Johnny123
  • Forum posts: 59

Jul 13, 2016, 2:59:27 PM via Website

As per my knowledge, the Whatsapp server will send the message when it gets connected to internet again....

theapostle832

Daniel S

Jul 13, 2016, 3:27:51 PM via Website

Okay, but if the message is being received and I switch off data connection meanwhile in that process, can this lead to problems? Or is then a copy sent again by the server? Is there a check if messages are received properly?

Mobile Application Development India
  • Forum posts: 10

Jul 14, 2016, 8:17:28 AM via Website

I do agree with @Johnny123 , the server will send the message when you connect again

And to your answer @Daniel S , no it can lead any types of issues if you switch off the data connection in that process. It is sent again when you ON it. And once you send it you will automatically know if it is double checked (meaning it has received).

Nisha Patel

Daniel S

Jul 14, 2016, 12:58:03 PM via Website

Thank you very much for your answers!

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 23

Apr 25, 2017, 11:00:06 AM via Website

the Whatsapp server will try to send the message several times, and if send unsuccessfully, the whatsapp will note you.

Ndundat Aishatou
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 31, 2021, 12:33:10 AM via Website

Yes! It is possible
Messages do get lost on the way. I almost lossed my relationship because of this. Didn’t receive my boyfriends message and he believed I blocked his number whereas I didn’t. Cross checked my settings and followed every procedure I saw online to no avail. Haven’t still received his message till date and he still believes I did block his number 😭😭