How to test my own app on my phone

• Replies:12
Jen O'Sullivan
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 9, 2016, 5:24:00 AM via Website

I realize the Play Store will not allow developers to download their own app. I have fully read their instructions on setting up an emulator but honestly I have been trying to figure this out all day and cannot understand how to do this. I want the app on my phone, not on my computer. I do not want an emulator. On Apple I can test flight very easily through a test flight app. Can someone tell me exactly how to get my own app on my phone to test it? Thanks!
This is what I have read from Android and cannot figure out.
They say the following but they don't say where this is located. It is not in my console.

To sign in on a device or emulator, follow the steps below. The preferred approach is to sign in as the primary account — however, if there are other accounts already in use on the device or emulator, you can create an additional account and sign in to it using the publisher or test account credentials.

Open Settings > Accounts & sync {{{WHERE??}}}
Select Add Account and choose to add a Google account.
Select Next and then Sign in.
Enter the username and password of either the publisher account or a test account that is registered in the publisher account.
Select Sign in. The system signs you in to the new account.

Vladimir S.
  • Forum posts: 266

Jul 9, 2016, 8:38:02 AM via Website

Hello,
Samsung smartphones can have "Accounts" tab in Settings, maybe you will find it there.

I installed my own apps from Google Play many times and had no any problem....

— modified on Jul 9, 2016, 8:43:02 AM

Achin Sagar
  • Forum posts: 23

Aug 6, 2016, 12:13:19 PM via Website

If you want to use an emulator go for Bluestacks , it is lightweight and is the best option. If you want to try on your phone you can enable Developer options on your phone and use android studio to directly run the application on your phone.

1 Pixel Army

1 Pixel Army
  • Forum posts: 16

Aug 25, 2016, 12:25:54 PM via Website

I'll go with BlueStacks as well. Saved me a lot of time already.

waqasali
  • Forum posts: 35

Jun 7, 2017, 12:54:31 PM via Website

but blue stack is slow .. being developer you should use Android Device

Mcansfert
  • Forum posts: 11

Jul 21, 2017, 11:09:28 AM via Website

So complex , do you have any fast or easy way to do ?

johnsonberry

Sep 29, 2018, 9:26:06 AM via Website

Thank You for the Information

Malang Baba
  • Forum posts: 6

Sep 29, 2018, 3:06:16 PM via Website

Run the app on an emulator as follows:

In Android Studio, click the app module in the Project window and then select Run > Run (or click Run in the toolbar).
In the Select Deployment Target window, click Create New Virtual Device.
In the Select Hardware screen, select a phone device, such as Pixel, and then click Next.
In the System Image screen, select the version with the highest API level. If you don't have that version installed, a Download link is shown, so click that and complete the download.
Click Next.
On the Android Virtual Device (AVD) screen, leave all the settings alone and click Finish.
Back in the Select Deployment Target dialog, select the device you just created and click OK.
Android Studio installs the app on the emulator and starts it. You should now see "Hello World!" displayed in the app running on the emulator.

Mhenard Louie
  • Forum posts: 4

Jan 12, 2019, 5:35:24 PM via Website

Are you using Android Studio? :)

PremPixelStudios
  • Forum posts: 12

Jun 27, 2019, 8:57:35 AM via Website

I assume they mean login(create) as another user (not developer account) on the device you want to install on!?(lightbulb)

Foshuna
  • Forum posts: 10

Dec 23, 2019, 8:20:13 AM via Website

Wow..thanks for informative posts

ttaran

Jan 13, 2020, 10:13:26 PM via Website

##4636## - This code can be used to get some interesting information about phone and battery. It shows following 4 menus on screen:
* Phone information
* Battery information
* Battery history
* Usage statistics

mobilespecs.net

— modified on Jan 13, 2020, 10:14:25 PM

DEV IT
  • Forum posts: 79

Sep 15, 2021, 7:20:03 AM via Website

In the Android phone 2021 model you will have work profile creation functionality, the functionality especially added to the Android phone to keep your work application and personal application separate and data cannot sync with each other. I am using Galaxy F41 and have a work profile where I install the app which I want to test. All things are separate from the App store to the personal Gallery.